In-Ear electronic hearing protection

I have the 3M Peltor ear buds and like them. I now have two sets; one set of their tactical TEP-100s and one of the industrial EEP-100s. Both have a cutoff at 80 dB, which was slightly lower than most of the "sport" ones I saw, and are USB rechargeable, with cases that act as chargers. Noise reduction is good even with the flanged ear tips (23dB), but they offer other tips that offer greater reductions. They stay in my ears all day comfortably.

Both models are functionally identical, but the EEP-100s are bright green, have a smaller case, and don't come with the little lanyard that connects them. The TEP-100s are black, with a bigger case that can use 3 AA batteries to charge the ear buds if USB isn't available, and come with the lanyard and some foam wind blockers to put over the microphone.

Both models charge quickly and seem to last all day, and even without the wind blockers I haven't noticed much wind noise, even here in the Snake River plain, even with the sound amplification turned up.

I have the 3M Peltor ear buds and like them. I now have two sets; one set of their tactical TEP-100s and one of the industrial EEP-100s. Both have a cutoff at 80 dB, which was slightly lower than most of the "sport" ones I saw, and are USB rechargeable, with cases that act as chargers. Noise reduction is good even with the flanged ear tips (23dB), but they offer other tips that offer greater reductions. They stay in my ears all day comfortably.

Both models are functionally identical, but the EEP-100s are bright green, have a smaller case, and don't come with the little lanyard that connects them. The TEP-100s are black, with a bigger case that can use 3 AA batteries to charge the ear buds if USB isn't available, and come with the lanyard and some foam wind blockers to put over the microphone.

Both models charge quickly and seem to last all day, and even without the wind blockers I haven't noticed much wind noise, even here in the Snake River plain, even with the sound amplification turned up.
Peltor EEP 100 work great. Just completed a three day range class wearing them 8 hrs each day. Very comfy. Lanyard and wind screens had to order separate but work great. Lanyard keeps you from losing one in the grass. And only $160.

The version I have requires that a mould be made of your ear canal. This is why these are so comfortable. I asked my audiologist about the ones that you tried and he said he would not recommend those as they are not comfortable and are not as effective. I think the high pitched sound is the electronics going thru their check. Mine do it too for a very brief period. I think you would be very happy with the ones I suggested.

I use digital hearing aids from espamerica. Not the cheapest, but I can't put a price on my hearing. Been using them since 2002 or so. I use them all waterfowl season, so they get hundreds of hours of use each year. This is my second pair.

Went to audiologist today......
Showed him the ear pieces you are all presenting on here...
I told him what I needed to continue working in the construction field....something that suppresses loud shrieking noises and banging above say 80db.....
Although my real hearing aids can be set that way...i would not be able to hear someone speak to me.....so he is looking into the best solution for my needs.......nail guns..hammers on nails..saws..someone screaming bloody murder because he cut his finger.....all add up to hearing loss.....

I told him what I needed to continue working in the construction field....something that suppresses loud shrieking noises and banging above say 80db.....
Although my real hearing aids can be set that way...i would not be able to hear someone speak to me.....so he is looking into the best solution for my needs.......nail guns..hammers on nails..saws..someone screaming bloody murder because he cut his finger.....all add up to hearing loss.....

One reason I chose the ones I did. I could choose an 80 dB cutoff over an 83-84 dB cutoff. I haven't lost that much of my hearing yet, but hope I'm smart enough to know that keeping it is priceless.

I have some hearing loss from years of a police K9 yapping in my ear and the whine of window being cracked while driving miles and miles... Not to mention all the shooting.

At some point I do want to get electronic, custom molded ear plugs. I understand about the need for protecting the mastoid with a headset, but they are so **** uncomfortable to wear for hours. The Westone DefendEar worked well at the first range session. Hoping they continue to do so. Once things settle from the virus, I plan to see an audiologist and get fitted for some custom ear pro.

EAR Inc SHOTHUNT series has the best protection provided of any IN ear electronic, I've researched. They are not custom molded but they are more comfortable than the custom molded set I do have (non-electronic). Your ears never stop growing/changing, it's cartilage...therefore you are not guaranteed a custom molded set will fit correctly the rest of your life. Just a thought.

I've been running them since 2014 and love them, worth every penny I invested. You don't get your hearing back, buy the best PROTECTION, you can afford.

Well....my audiologist went to work and found these.....
0619201825.jpg0619201826.jpghis decision was that of most rhe hearing aids and hearing protection devices that these may be my best choice.....they are kind of spendy....but I used them today while running my chainsaw....my chainsaw has had the air intake opened and the exhaust opened....it is very loud...but it rips thru stuff very fast......
These aids have four functions....
1...normal noise amplified...
2...normal noise dampened..but higher pitch amplified...
3...electronics amp'd....
4...shutoff...so you can shut them off while wearing...otherwise they are automatic on when battery door is closed(closed with a battery inside..for some of you guys)

So for my need the number 2 mode is where I wore them today....chainsaw sounded a little more than an egg beater but when I needed to talk to the owner I could understand her voice...and yes still missed a few words when she was speaking while she turned away.....
But if I hadn't had these it would have been hot sweaty hear nothing ear plugs......
So they do work....and i get a 30 day trial period to use as much as I want before saying yes or no....
Works for me...and if he finds something else for me to try in the meantime..i will try those too......

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts