In-Ear electronic hearing protection

Lethal_Chica

Hey all! I am looking to purchase some in-ear electronic hearing pro. Looking for some opinions, please. I have tried Soundgear, Instant Fit and they whined incessantly, so they is out.

I currently use electronic muffs, but want to find something in-ear. Electronic is a must. Thanks for the recommendations in advance.

P.S. I checked out the other threads with the search button, did not find what I was looking for.

Best, Victoria

Hey all! I am looking to purchase some in-ear electronic hearing pro. Looking for some opinions, please. I have tried Soundgear, Instant Fit and they whined incessantly, so they is out.

I currently use electronic muffs, but want to find something in-ear. Electronic is a must. Thanks for the recommendations in advance.

P.S. I checked out the other threads with the search button, did not find what I was looking for.

Best, Victoria
I'll be watching this closely. I'm looking for hearing protection also but I wear hearing aids so that complicates things for me. I would like to get hearing protection along with amplification without distortion. I'm looking at the Otto Noizebarrier Micro. I've seen some good reviews on other shooting sites.

Warren

Been using Etymotic for 3 years now. The GSP's are very nice, and comfy, great sound reproduction, noise suppression and they support PRS with prize table donations every year. The owners even attended a PRS match last year and listen to shooter feedback.
The GS Elites are really amazing. I'm looking forward to them.

Been using Etymotic for 3 years now. The GSP's are very nice, and comfy, great sound reproduction, noise suppression and they support PRS with prize table donations every year. The owners even attended a PRS match last year and listen to shooter feedback.
The GS Elites are really amazing. I'm looking forward to them.
It looks like the GSP provides 15 25 dB of noise reduction - ( not very much ). I couldn't find the GS Elite anywhere.

The Otto Noizebarrier Micro specs the following noise reduction:
NRR: 28 dB(Foam Tips); 23 dB (3-Flange Tips

I have some Walker neck band ear buds. I don't recall what the noise reduction spec was for those but I didn't think they were protecting what hearing I have left very well. I just looked on Walkers site and they don't even spec noise reduction now. That's gotta give ya some confidence.

UPDATED -- corrected the NRR. I misread the noise reduction specification.

Last edited:
If money was 'no object' I would get these:
or

I use their custom molded ear plug and they work great .

I've also tried their custom molded ear plug with filter like these:
They're suppose to allow you to hear what's around you but they didn't work very well for me because my hearing is pretty bad. Someone with good hearing may not have a problem.

Last edited:
I have the 3M Peltor ear buds and like them. I now have two sets; one set of their tactical TEP-100s and one of the industrial EEP-100s. Both have a cutoff at 80 dB, which was slightly lower than most of the "sport" ones I saw, and are USB rechargeable, with cases that act as chargers. Noise reduction is good even with the flanged ear tips (23dB), but they offer other tips that offer greater reductions. They stay in my ears all day comfortably.

Both models are functionally identical, but the EEP-100s are bright green, have a smaller case, and don't come with the little lanyard that connects them. The TEP-100s are black, with a bigger case that can use 3 AA batteries to charge the ear buds if USB isn't available, and come with the lanyard and some foam wind blockers to put over the microphone.

Both models charge quickly and seem to last all day, and even without the wind blockers I haven't noticed much wind noise, even here in the Snake River plain, even with the sound amplification turned up.

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm looking for in ear protection that allow hunting and all day use.

It looks like the GSP provides 15 dB of noise reduction - ( not very much ). I couldn't find the GS Elite anywhere.

I read that to say above 80db clips 15db background noise plus blast protection of 35-40db. So much higher protection from a gunshot. However I could certainly be wrong and don't have firsthand on this. Anyone else clarify that?

I'll be watching this closely. I'm looking for hearing protection also but I wear hearing aids so that complicates things for me. I would like to get hearing protection along with amplification without distortion. I'm looking at the Otto Noizebarrier Micro. I've seen some good reviews on other shooting sites.

Warren
These look to have pretty much the same specs as the GSP but are rechargeable?

The EAR is stupid expensive more than I'm willing to do. If the others work I'd certainly be interested in them.

You can always wear some of these..... 0531201631.jpg
Every day for fhe rest of your life...only $4000..they pickup a lot of the sounds...but don't shut much out.....be smart.....use the best protection you can....
I am 85 percent deaf.....and lose another 10 percent to extreme tinnitus......not much fun....these get me back to 30 percent hearing......but nothing works for the tinntus

I use a pair of Sound Gear also. Mine don't whine at all. My hearing is damaged but I don't notice wind noise either. With as much damage as I already have they do not help amplify much. Other people tried mine and say "WOW". I use them when I hunt and have even forgotten to take em out till I get home!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.