In case you were wondering why there's an ammo shortage

I remember 14 months ago going to the grocery store for just normal essentials and watching old farts with nothing to do just stuffing their carts with anything they could lift. I'm sure young people were doing it too, but I remember one couple, two carts abreast so nobody could get by them, just dropping flats of organic salt free beans into their cart just to make sure nobody else got them. Just because they heard there were "shortages". I wonder if they've eaten any of them, or if they got home and tried to sell it on gunbroker, i mean, the local classifieds.

Bob, first off, I am glad you are still with us.

When I started with the mining company I work for, I had to go to a four day MSHA training session for new employees of mining companies. It's all about SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY !! There was one video I vividly remember. It was by a guy that was in a terrible accident in a refinery in New Jersey. He goes into great detail describing the accident, and more importantly the months of agonizing rehab he went through.

The bitch of it all was, he wasn't even supposed to be working that shift. He was supposed to already be on vacation, but volunteered to pick up one more shift to cover for a no-show, figuring it wouldn't hurt to make a little extra scratch for his vacation.
Remember Charlie was the name of that video. Unreal agony, burns have got to be the worst there is.

About that photo, it is shocking how we take gasoline for granted. Cheap gas cans like that get transported only in the back of the pickup. People are scared of guns lol, then treat gasoline like it's water.

5-8 years ago I would have assumed you were being sarcastic... now I'm assuming you mean it literally. I have seen too many gas station employees smoking around pumps lately. We've lost our minds as a country and can't blame anyone but our selves for many of our problems.
There's a huge lack of common sense in our culture today. Honestly, they should call it uncommon sense now instead of common sense, because its not so common anymore.

I cannot believe this person just filled a bag-o-gas and put it in the trunk! It actually happened!!!!
Grocery bags....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210512-201219_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20210512-201219_Messenger.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 76
And let's put 35 gallons of extremely flammable liquid in an SUV.
As a survivor of 3rd degree burns, this makes me shudder.
1 gallon is the equivalent energy in 14 sticks of dynamite. They have at least 35 gallons.
One gallon of gasoline vaporized is equivalent too 180 pds of TNT when ignited learned that in Fire School

All this because that incompetent kid sniffing pile of pig excrement in the White House can't take the appropriate measures to secure the infrastructure from cyber attacks.

Why would they need that much gas?

Maybe he is simply concerned how long the shortage could last but still needs to drive 50+ miles to work every day. That amount would last him 7 days at 22 mpg.

Maybe the guy runs a lawn care business and needs it to run his equipment or he doesn't get paid.

Maybe he has two wave runners and needs the fuel to run them with the weather getting nicer.

Maybe he has a bass boat, the marina ran out of fuel and they don't know when their going to get more.

Maybe he is planning a quading trip with his buddies and was grabbing the fuel for everyone.

Maybe he is taking a trip this weekend and will use most of a tank of gas and is concerned his local stations won't have any when he gets home.

This isn't like the TP shortage where people were buying 5 years worth of TP. Y'all act like 35 gallons is a lot of gas but it barely fills my truck from empty, and based on my trip this weekend I will be burning a full tank of gas. Luckily I don't have the fuel issue where I live but if I did I would either have to cancel my turkey hunting trip or do what they did and stock fuel in my garage so that I could refill my truck when I got home.