In between 7mm-08 & .308

30 Creed...Thats some funny chit right there!
A soft shoulder has me favoring 6.5 and 708 or a break/can combo. A good reciol pad can help allot.
A 140 grainer is going to recoil very close to the same, weather it comes out of the 260,708 or 308. The biggest difference is 140s are at the top of the 260 and bottom of the 308

Is there something in between a 7-08 and .308? My son wants bigger, but the .308 has too much kick.
It would help to know if you have a 7-08 or .308 win. Also how big/ old is your son and what is he use to shooting? Is this for hunting, if so what are you going to be hunting? And what loads have he or you shot that felt like too much recoil with the 308 win? That would help give some pertinent suggestions.

As above, what is your son shooting now and where is it actually lacking? The two are very close on paper and in real life. I wouldn't sell one to get the other, but that's me.

If you reload there's tons of options to load either heavy or light. A 130gr monolithic bullet in 308 will recuse recoil, a 162 or heavier loaded long in a 7mm-08 will certainly drive up the recoil and downrange energy.

If you don't reload there's plenty factory offerings in a wide range of weights for either. Again, I wouldn't sell one to get the other, theyre very similar and will do the same jobs very well.

Blur, As said before we don't know if your shooter is 8 or 28 years old. If the person is that recoil shy you might try a semi-auto. The Brownings are good, the 70-80's era Remington 742/7400 etc. could work or even an AR10 type rifle. Not likely to be a great 600yd. gun but shooting .308 in any of these guns is pretty painless. MT

Recent Posts