IMR Plastic Bottle Lot #s

Buffalobob

I don't usually bother much with lot numbers but got interested and started checking my powder containers (IMR 4350 and 4064).

On the old metal can IMR powders the lot # is clearly stamped on the can but I cannot find it on the new plastic bottles. Is it there and where should I look?

I can't find it on either the steel or the plastic. But here in Canada they put a big sticker on the back that covers all of the US Cautions and has our own so I do not knnow what is under it. Sorry I can't help.

Two out of three IMR bottles have the orange sticker and the bottle of Hodgdens has an orange sticker. The lot numbering system seems to be different than on the metal cans.

Thanks, mystery solved (except for the one missing sticker)

they are orange stickers

the first digit is a 1 or 8 = size of bottle or jug

next 6 = date bottled

last 4 = lot

make sure the whole number is same if you want the same powder (except the first 1 or 8)

81027034156:

8lb jug
bottled oct 27, 2003
lot 4156

JB

The one that lost the sticker probably didn't lose it's sticker. The newer bottles are coming with the lot stamped on the side of the label (usually in a different color than the rest of the text). It was only for a few months that the orange stickers were found on the IMR stuff.

INcidentally, the new Hodgdon lots are being stamped on the side like IMR now.

[ QUOTE ]
The one that lost the sticker probably didn't lose it's sticker. The newer bottles are coming with the lot stamped on the side of the label (usually in a different color than the rest of the text). It was only for a few months that the orange stickers were found on the IMR stuff.

INcidentally, the new Hodgdon lots are being stamped on the side like IMR now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they still the normal hodgdon format though? I dont use IMR anymore...just saw the similar sticker on a can of my dad's...

JB

Amazing what people know!

The plastic bottle of IMR 4064 with the "missing sticker" has some black printing running vertical on the caution label which is all blue lettering..

two lines

It is not aligned perfectly like it was done after the label was put on the bottle.

So now all of the mysteries are solved.

Bought it September 21 at Cabelas. You remember the offer that if you spend $500 they will give you a money card for $150? Seemed like a good deal being as I needed a Goretex shell for rainy days at work and they had what I wanted on sale already. Plus there are somethings that I do that don't change much. My 17 Rem likes IMR 4064 even if it is only 3750fps- the squirrels don't complain much, Hevi-shot #2 is really good for Dec and January geese, etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.