Imr 8133 for 7mm and 28N

Mwerner777

Anyone have any luck with Imr 8133 . Looking for any loads for 7mm and 28N . I hear it is supposed to be in comparison to Retumbo. Thanks

I tried it in my 7mm Rem Mag. It filled the case too much, I was running compressed loads way before I got pressure, or the velocity I wanted. I may play with it more because the results were not bad, just seemed like it would be better suited for a larger case, 28 Nosler it might be perfect for.

I have played with it in my 7 Dakota and it's been ok for me. I was shooting Barnes 168gr LRX a little over 3100 with 75gr of 8133 behind it. I had some single digit ES's and settled on a load that looked good and had ES's in the teens.
I had similar experience with 7977 shooting the 160 gr Accubonds. The 7977 might be pretty good in the 7mm Rem Mag.

In my 7WSM I got pressure signs before I got close to advertized velocity. Highly compressed loads which I don't like. ES and SD not good either. Higher velocities, better ES and SD, plus better accuracy with Retumbo. Still compressed loads tho, but not as bad. I had great hopes for 8133 and 7977 because of the temp stability and the copper scrubber, but neither worked out for me.

In my 7WSM I got pressure signs before I got close to advertized velocity. Highly compressed loads which I don't like. ES and SD not good either. Higher velocities, better ES and SD, plus better accuracy with Retumbo. Still compressed loads tho, but not as bad. I had great hopes for 8133 and 7977 because of the temp stability and the copper scrubber, but neither worked out for me.
Happy to of found this post ,sent you a PM