Imr 7977 ??

Wachsmann

Has anyone used this (IMR 7977) in any of the usual magnum calibers. Like 300 Win, 7mm mag, 300 RUM, or any thing else for that manner. Just curious on how it is turning out. Likes/dislikes? Is it really temp stable?

Has anyone used this (IMR 7977) in any of the usual magnum calibers. Like 300 Win, 7mm mag, 300 RUM, or any thing else for that manner. Just curious on how it is turning out. Likes/dislikes? Is it really temp stable?

Not plenty but if you do custom google search on the top right corner, there are a few to start with.

The latest addition of RifleShooter Mag. has an article addressing the issue of temperature stability. Long story short, it is very temp stable, only 16 ft/sec difference from very cold to hot out of a 300 Win Mag.. I have not been able to check stability but I have shot it out of my Winchester Model 70 270WSM with good accuracy and very good velocity.

We've worked with it a good bit.. it seems like a good powder.... no data on temp stability yet here, but I don't care as much as some here.

I am currently in the middle of load development with it (imr 7977)for a 7mm rem mag. I think i have my load and have loaded up 30 to test it just needs to stop raining on the weekends so i can shoot!
I started at 67.2 and went up to 71.4gr in .3 grain increments with a 162 hornady BTHP match bullet, WW-super brass, and a WLRM primer .02 jump out of a savage LRH. i had 3 shots in the ladder with less than a 1/2'' vertical at 300 yds. picked the middle charge i think it was 70.2 after 70.8 they went up and wild. this is near compressed and you wont fit 71.4gr in the case with out seating the bullets long.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts