IMR 4350 to H4350 in 30-06

I used IMR-4350, IMR4831. I found that as the heat increased so did the pressure, and more so with the IMR-4350. Tried H-4350 in my 308 Norna Mag loved it with 165 gr. Nosler. Down the tube at 3300 pfs 20 years ago. Never when back, and still use the load today.

in a 30/06 remington 721 made in 1954 24" tube a B grade very valuable i used 62.0 gr of R-22 with 165 @ 2900 fps and this is short of max by 1 grain. The pressure 46,000 cups about 4000 cups unders max which is a bit less than factory pressure with the same.. this load should be accurate.. One thing for sure Reloader never like to change powders but some new powdeers are just better.. I have a good friend who uses 4895 in the 30/06 he get the velocity but his primers are flat as hell, ol man just wont change.. I am looking at the new winchester staball and it may be super but for my 6.5/06 . but will try. Also Western powders magnum series are very good. all powder from Europe and Australia are better than american powders. this is the only thing that Made is USA is not better. the reason is our crooked amblance chasing Lawyers.

I just shot book max load of H4350 in a 270 win. today. Was 90 degrees. Saw no signs of pressure. This rifle is going on a November Mule Deer hunt in Western Nebraska. It could be 10-40 degrees on that hunt. Will also be used this year during early youth season in TN. It could be 75 degrees then. This is my son's new rifle. My plan is to stay with the H powders for this rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts