Improving the 308 Win performance

Hey, bud.

I am shooting my 06 with 215 Bergers coming out 2830. Compare that with the 150 BDs. Have not, so please, do us a favor and compare.
Holy Crap. I'd like to see that load and what pixie dust your using for powder. Berger shows max around 2580 with the 210 and a 26" barrel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Nah. My 300 LIMP will have more energy at 1k than a 243 at 100, and still be moving faster than a 300 WM at 500. With a 245gn to boot.

There's no replacement for displacement.
I wouldn't even bother with something that puny, I mean if that's where this thread is going stop ***** footing around and shoot a 50 BMG and be done with it

Back on topic though. "Improving the 308 Win performance", My SRP 308 brass shipped today. Got 250 pieces on the way.

Been shooting SRP before it became so popular. That was over a decade ago. I was sitting on 2 cases of Remington UBR small rifle primer and have more case capacity than any SRP 308 of today.

My favorite round for 1000 yard NRA matches is still the 308 through the M1a with irons. Mine was set up for high pressure loads. When the 168 Hybrids came out. I was launching them at 2800 through the M1a.

Last edited:
Been shooting SRP before it became so popular. I was sitting on 2 cases of Remington UBR small rifle primer and have more case capacity than any SRP 308 of today.

My favorite round for 1000 yard NRA matches is still the M1a. Mine was set up for high pressure loads. When the 168 Hybrids came out. I was launching them at 2800 through the M1a.
I have also been using it. It's just been hard to come by lately. Nice to use as it lasts so long. I think I've got one batch of 50 that are still going with 16 loading cycles done. I've got some Lapua left but I'm stingy using it. I picked up some Alpha and now some Starline to try.

Right now my favorite 308 load I've been shooting is a Barnes TTSX 130, running at 3085 FPS out my 18" bolt gun. It's 5 shot one hole accurate and good out to 500-600 yards for my Coues deer hunting. Running with cheap Sig large primer brass and AA2460. Got some other loads I'm cooking up for it and my son in laws 308.

I have also been using it. It's just been hard to come by lately. Nice to use as it lasts so long. I think I've got one batch of 50 that are still going with 16 loading cycles done. I've got some Lapua left but I'm stingy using it. I picked up some Alpha and now some Starline to try.

I regret selling the last case of 1000 I had. I mailed nralifer two boxes of unfired srp remingtons, I have not seen him post about his continued use of them... maybe you can talk him out of them... lol

Last edited:
I regret selling the last case of 1000 I had. I gave nralifer two boxes of unfired srp remingtons, I have not seen him post about his continued use of them... maybe you can talk him out of them... lol
Curious what/why use srp on a 308? Never tried it. What's the reason/expected outcome? Hhmmm...