Impressive animal

I am so looking forward to it. I'm bringing the 65SS with 124HH or the 156 EOL or maybe both.
They will work like a champ. Just remember everything is more forward in the body of where you would shoot something here in the states. My 6.5 x 284 was plenty good medicine, the 6.5 SS should work great! Send us some Pics when you get back.

I was in a South African camp and a few of us were hunting a large eland bull that eluded all of us until a 10 year old boy shot it with a .2-4-3, as the PH referred too it as. He hit him, just behind the shoulder angled away and the bull collapsed after a very short track.

Internet statistics: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.

The 10 year old boy shot it becuase that was what was in his hands.

Nicholas Stephen Alkemade (10 December 1922 – 22 June 1987) was a British tail gunner in the Royal Air Force during World War II who survived a freefall of 18,000 feet (5,490 m) without a parachute after abandoning his out-of-control, burning Avro Lancaster heavy bomber over Germany. His fall was broken by soft pine trees and a snow bank.

Doesn't make it a good idea.

Reminds me of a farm I used to hunt groundhogs on......the farmer kept having major problems out of a particular bull. One day I was standing near the barn talking with him when the bull broke through a wire fence....again. He started cussin & fussin and asked me if I could hit that bull from where we were....about 200 yards. I told him "absolutely". He told me to shoot the bull. I was kind of shocked. Looked at him like "huh"? He told me "shoot that #@*!!!&$# or you'll never hunt here again. With a "Yes Sir!" I climbed in the bed of the truck, put the bipod on the roof and shot that bull about as close to right between the eyes as you can get, with a 22-250 and 55 grain BT.
The gun went bang, the bull stood there about 3 or 4 seconds, long enough for me to jack another round in the chamber, and then he went nitey nite. The farmer said "take that you sob", then went back to cussin' & fussin' so I asked him "what's wrong now?" He said....now I have to go get that $#&%! and cut him up before the meat spoils. Ahhhhh the memories of my youth. 🤣

I was in a South African camp and a few of us were hunting a large eland bull that eluded all of us until a 10 year old boy shot it with a .2-4-3, as the PH referred too it as. He hit him, just behind the shoulder angled away and the bull collapsed after a very short track.

Blasphemy! Lol

Not on big animals
I've seen mule deer bucks downed to a 243... I start at 6.5 creed or 270 myself and usually use a 7stw, 7rum, or 300win... My kid's using a 7mm-08 savage pistol this year if he gets good enough with it,.. Another 500 rounds or so down-range in the next few months should do it...

We are talking about Eland.... say 6.5 and the witch burners would be pouring in. On a draw blood you pay hunt I'd caliber up.... i havnt even met a PH that would allow it....

Last edited: