Importing ammunition into Australia?

wraith

Hello guys:), I am new to this site and I just wanted to say hi to everyone and ask a question..........
I would like to know about importing ammunition into Western Australia, specifically, 338 Lapua mag ammo. Does anyone know a supplier in the USA willing to export to Australia?
I am able to obtain all the necessary paperwork (permits, B709's, etc, etc) to satisfy Australian customs.
The reason I am asking is of the very high cost of 338 Lap ammo.....I was quoted $391 for 40 rounds from an eastern states shop.
Or perhaps someone could point to a good local supplier, either in WA or over East?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the welcome and the reply, I know I will enjoy this site and all its community has to offer:)

I should have mentioned that I all ready load my own for the 338 Lap. I just thought it would be nice to have some factory ammo, as I have never fired the factory ammo in this calibre before.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.