Impact of bayonet-style chronograph on group size

338 dude, can you do a close up of how you have the bipod and Wiser mounted? I have the Wiser and run a harris bipod but am having heck getting it all set up. I'm about to the point of selling the Wiser mount. I do have a pic rail on my Oryx chassis, but getting it all aligned and getting the sporter bayonet close enough, it almost touches my barrel has become quite frustrating.
As I said in my post I did have to buy a longer rail my manners stock came with an atlas rail and there was not enough room for my bipod and the mount
image.jpg
I think this one came from area 419
image.jpg

338 dude, can you do a close up of how you have the bipod and Wiser mounted? I have the Wiser and run a harris bipod but am having heck getting it all set up. I'm about to the point of selling the Wiser mount. I do have a pic rail on my Oryx chassis, but getting it all aligned and getting the sporter bayonet close enough, it almost touches my barrel has become quite frustrating.
Don't sell the mount unless you want to spend the bucks on a lab radar you just need a longer rail check out area 419 for that

Don't sell the mount unless you want to spend the bucks on a lab radar you just need a longer rail check out area 419 for that
Thanks for the pics and for your advise. I see the difference, I'm using a Harris bipod and that jacks up the setup because it's more congested on my setup than yours. Looks like you have maybe an Atlas. I'll keep working with it. I can move it back on the rail, which I have two rails end to end. But I think they are miss aligned as I can't get the Harris adapter to slide from the first to the second rail. Must be that loose nut on the other end of the rifle. Dang him!!

Thought of another Wiser Mount question though. Did you have issues getting the cam tube adapters set properly on your wiser mount?

Thanks for the pics and for your advise. I see the difference, I'm using a Harris bipod and that jacks up the setup because it's more congested on my setup than yours. Looks like you have maybe an Atlas. I'll keep working with it. I can move it back on the rail, which I have two rails end to end. But I think they are miss aligned as I can't get the Harris adapter to slide from the first to the second rail. Must be that loose nut on the other end of the rifle. Dang him!!

Thought of another Wiser Mount question though. Did you have issues getting the cam tube adapters set properly on your wiser mount?
If you're meaning the quick attach to the carbon tube clamps just loosen them on the carbon tube clamp them down on the rail where you want them then re-tighten the tube and they should line up every time after that. I have the exact same rail on two different rifles and it'll switch to either rifle and work perfectly

Yes that is an atlas bipod, Quick attach with pan and tilt

The bayonet will affect the harmonics of the barrel.
The gap between the sensor and the barrel also affects POI, if you make it less than the gap from the alignment tool. I found, when I unintentionally narrowed the gap, the POI was shifted upward - the closer to the bullet, the more upward it was shifted.

chrono's are for load data, not group data. do groups and data apart from each other
Why? Even optical chronos let you do both together, it's really only the MS when attached to a barrel and not using any of the many mounting options available that doesn't. The more data points you have the better your statistics are - increasing your shot string from 10 to 20 reduces CI by a third.

There are lies, **** lies, and statistics. And ironically, most of the lies in reloading are what people tell themselves about their statistics. I have an ES of 5... over three shots 🤣