Impact of bayonet-style chronograph on group size

This might help with POI shift. I haven't personally used it.

That was fairly predictable.
I still have an use a magneto speed myself With a mount from wiser Precision
B0711038-303D-47AA-AAA9-29F6EAB80D3B.jpeg

So I've gotta ask… is it worth the $100 bucks? Seems like fair price for the peace of mind. I'm still on the fence about buying one.
Yes I like it very much easy on and off once it's set and I have the same rail on each rifle so it switches between rifles easily although I did have to buy a longer rail so I could mount my bipod and then the chronograph

Wiser precision makes an attachment for arca or pic to mount the chrono to a carbon fiber rod so it won't touch the barrel. It $110 with a display mount tax and shipping, just ordered one.

Yes. groups about 1 MOA lower with most barrels & most often not as good. Much less $ then Lab Radar. I find the included statistical stuff a bother & prefer to record data & use excel later. For skinny barrels I wrap 2-3 turns of duct tape on barrel then mount Magneto speed. An important item in my range bag

I tried a few ways to hold the bayonet and came up with an adjustable base that I can place in front of the rifle. It required a wooden platform which gets C clamped to the front of the shooting bench so rifle is set in the usual location. Our range doesn't allow rifles to be fired with the muzzle behind the front edge of the concrete bench. The height setup is critical and after every shot care must be taken to be sure things are aligned properly.

A few shooters have modified a front rest to hold the bayonet:

1627043479449.png

I tried a few ways to hold the bayonet and came up with an adjustable base that I can place in front of the rifle. It required a wooden platform which gets C clamped to the front of the shooting bench so rifle is set in the usual location. Our range doesn't allow rifles to be fired with the muzzle behind the front edge of the concrete bench. The height setup is critical and after every shot care must be taken to be sure things are aligned properly.

A few shooters have modified a front rest to hold the bayonet:

View attachment 286527

Brilliant!

I have read repeatedly that bayonet chronos will affect POI. Will they affect group size or shape as well?
I've never noticed a change at 100y or 1000y, or 1500y (338LM)
Dope was still dead nuts.
maybe if you have a 1-1.5MOA pencil thin barrel to begin with but in my observation on about 20-25guns ranging from 223 to 338LM nothing changed at 100y