I'm way new at this and Mistakes are not cheap .help

seating your bullets the 300 rum case is so long that you usually have to seat to the length of th magazine if you want a repeater. any bullet 155 and up will take care of deer. the rum is a lot of cartridge. i would not use a lead sled or a bi-pod. ron

seating your bullets the 300 rum case is so long that you usually have to seat to the length of th magazine if you want a repeater. any bullet 155 and up will take care of deer. the rum is a lot of cartridge. i would not use a lead sled or a bi-pod. ron

I agree. Shoot off of sand bags or similar. Lead sled will give diff point of impact.

Steve

I have the Leica b 1600 new in the box never turned on . I have wen over every thread on this site and said screw it ! Taking it back to cabelas and getting the G7 on sale now for 1499.00 . Two days of over time and bingo !

How are the 230 otm's treating you with H-1000? I've been playing around with the targets and retumbo with good results. My rum likes h1000 but I'm able to get 100fps more out of retumbo with what looks to be the same pressure so I'm gonna try and stick with that. Every gun is a little different though.

Well took out some hand loads for the first sight in . We set the target up 200 yards out and started taking shots I wanked them into like. 2 inches from bulls eye and took 2 last shots and the were touching each other. I gave it a click over and up and gave it to my son and said shot up at the top of target away from other shots at the bottom of the thick line . He missed it , by 1/8 of a inch . We have a winner ! Tack driver lol Remington LR 700 300 ultra mag $700 bucks not $4000 lol

That is one good looking rig. I do have your twin in 7 rem mag... best 3 shot group was a little over 1" @ 500 yards.

Attachments

• 20150731_130250.jpg
    20150731_130250.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 89
Yes and no I have a few theories about it. The first one being since is a different production rifle they used an updated machine then what they were normally using. It's a very old company and things change very slow with employees and the process if they are making $$. The design has been proven to work but we all know it's not the best design or up to date. Like you I was debating on doing custom or taking a chance

Yea when I took it out I was on pins and needles knowing there was a good chance I got what I paid for . Now I got way more than I payed for and I'm so happy ! But of all the online reviews on this LR rifle I have not heard any bad reviews ?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.