I'm very pleased with my rifle.

o2bwest

I did this at 700 yds with my accurized factory model 70 7mm wsm with factory 140 gr accubonds. If my factory rifle will do this what is my Shoot-Long rifle going to do?

Good shooting!! I am surprised at the lack of damage to what looks to me mild steel plate and at 700 yards. I have shot mild steel with many 7's and see holes go clean through 1/2" steel with a 180 from a 7-300 win. I know the 300 based case has more velocity but I would have at least expected a crater or dent. Not knocking anything just saying what I was thinking. Now tell me this is AR 500 steel and I will be happy.:)

Good job with a fine shooter, gun)
Jeff

Good shooting!! I am surprised at the lack of damage to what looks to me mild steel plate and at 700 yards. I have shot mild steel with many 7's and see holes go clean through 1/2" steel with a 180 from a 7-300 win. I know the 300 based case has more velocity but I would have at least expected a crater or dent. Not knocking anything just saying what I was thinking. Now tell me this is AR 500 steel and I will be happy.:)

Good job with a fine shooter, gun)
Jeff

I don't know what kind of steel it is, but we have shot it with 300s, 7mm and 6.5 and nothing makes a dent. It does the same thing at 400 yds. Notice the whole in the pipe above the plate. That was my 7 wsm at 700 yds. I'm guessing this plate is hardened steel of some sort. It was just a piece scrap.

I did this at 700 yds with my accurized factory model 70 7mm wsm with factory 140 gr accubonds. If my factory rifle will do this what is my Shoot-Long rifle going to do?
I would be too. The only thing wrong with this is that it's going to make all but impossible to have another rifle perform as well, much less any better.

BTW. The center spots from the plastic tips is pretty neat. It certainly shows how effective that tip is at opening the hollow point evenly all the way around too.

Nice shooting. Good to see a nice shooting 7MM WSM. I have a Special order Savage in 7 WSM coming and I am very excited to start shooting. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.