Im I an idiot

I know is outrageous but what is the alternative. If you want to shoot you pay the price and live with it. I don't see it getting any better in the near future. Good luck.
You know that I try and limited my purchases. To allow others to be able to purchase items too. Not all can just go out and buy, and don't care about the prices. Others have to watch how and what they spend. "The little man" Just like wage increases. Up to $15.00 per hour. That has gone out the window. The inflations has eaten that up and more now. Voting for Biden (aka Dumb Bast**D) has headed us for a soft landing. I have some Oceanfront Property in AZ for sale too.

Sa
Good morning all, I've been waiting for 6.5 PRC ammo to show up again and Mile High just received the batch of Hornaday 6.5 PRC 147gr eldm, I ordered two cases, one for me and one for a buddy, the out the door delivered was $1,550. I feel violated but I still need the ammo. It average $76 a box With tax and shipping.
I'd that to myself a few times but never on a forum with a few thousand people on it.😁

I'd say you are a victim!
A victim of WHAT? A victim of greed? Of Willingly paying for 400 rds of ammunition? Of buying 400 rounds when 20 each (40) would have been enough?.... we are our own worst enemies.....as long as folks are dumb enough to keep paying these prices....Why would they ever go back down!

I develop a load for a rifle, that I believe will do the job on the type of animal I am going to hunt. If I don't know anything about the animal, I do a lot of reading about the animal and what's putting them down. Their size and my experience in hunting other like size animals. I determine and develop a load for that rifle, Grouping at 1/2" at 100yds or smaller. I always watch my velocities too. Most of my rifles I shoot are developing about the velocities. So I don' t have worry about what the fall is going to be. Because if you look into the manuals and find the likewise velocity they all fly about the same. Now I do develop a load for that rifle, and maybe a 2nd bullet weight. In Africa the last time I fired 7 rounds. 3 for sight-in and 4 for 4 animals that I put down.
If you are just shooting to be shooting all that does is burn up your barrel. If you can't hit a barn door, then pick up a 22 and learn how too shoot. If you are working on long ranges and determine how the round is doing that's one thing, but just have ammo on hand. and take it away from others is another thing. They will cold weld for you.
Working up a load for a rifle can take time. A lot of different components to put is all together. Several different Primers, Powder, bullets, and Brass. Now there been a lot of talk about same lots and I go along on that. Especially being used for long ranges. Beyond 600yds.
I do get larger lots in 22's, 5.56 and pistol ammo. After that I only load 20 to 40 rounds for my rifle to shoot with.
Going to a range and checking my rifle to be sighted in yes. Shots fired generally under 20. If I am having problem that I come back and go at it again. Learn to shoot! Right now I don't shoot that much, because of the lack of components.
A pound of powder will get somewhere from 60 to 165 reloads per lbs. I generally try and get my powders in 8# lots. That will get you somewhere between 500 to 1300 reloads. So just how much powder do you need to have on hand. Primers a 1000 of different types at the most. If you have a go to Primer, Powder, then that a little different story. It doesn't take that many rounds to determine what combination is going to works. Fine tuning does require additional rounds and materials. After that, there not much to do with it, but hunting. Varmints or Match shooting can and will burn up a lot of components. Large animals you should only need a few rounds to do the job.
I reload mostly and have had for over 60 years, and that's been my experience.

Stunning...the anti's tried for decades to stop us from shooting but it's the manufacturers, gun shops, hoarders and reloading manufacturers that have managed to accomplish it...strange turn of events !!

Good morning all, I've been waiting for 6.5 PRC ammo to show up again and Mile High just received the batch of Hornaday 6.5 PRC 147gr eldm, I ordered two cases, one for me and one for a buddy, the out the door delivered was $1,550. I feel violated but I still need the ammo. It average $76 a box With tax and shipping.
I wouldn't feel bad about it definitely not an idiot, look what we pay for new or used vehicles, cell phones and homes!!!