I'm Done With Nosler Brass!

I have bought about 3000+ 28 Nosler brass over 4 years, and every one has been within 4 grains of each other. And I keep meticulous photo records.

I can't even get 44 gr difference in mixed headstamp 7RM brass. From Hornady, Nosler, R-P, Win, Federal, Norma, HSM, and ADG. 22gr at the most that I can remember across all brands.

The worst brass variation I have ever seen in a single headstamp was Bertram .338 Edge that was something like 14 or 16gr IIRC.

Something sounds off.
For what it's worth. I have two batches of Federal 6.5 Creedmoor cases.....one averages 172 grains.....the other 149 grains....both FC headstamp....23 grains on a lot smaller case.....Anything is possible.....
I quit with Nosler years ago with 257 Roberts.....high price....and only 5 or 6 grains difference between lots.
However, within lots they are usually within 1 grain on the mid-sized cases.
My .02

D
I will try and download some pictures of this but trust me I have no reason whatsoever to make something like this up.
Don't apologize to anyone I bought nosler brass for a 7 mag last year months before an elk hunt in new Mexico the new brass weighed in the 160s my old brass was over 200 glad we had time to work up a load for the new brass before the trip people just like stepping in when they shouldnt manufacturing equipment change from day to day so if something is capable of happening odds are it will sometime. David

It's a little spendy, but I've always had really nice consistency with Lapua brass. I know without a doubt it's the best brass I've used in .300 black out on class 3 mode, .308, 7mm RM and .338 LM. I'm almost salivating in anticipation of Lapua picking .300 PRC.
ANYWAY, it's always been good to me and it's the only brass I've had that's lasted the 5+ of loading .338 and even longer on .308. Good luck!

I have used Nosler bras for some time in various calibers due to it consistency within lots and even when using other lots it was within a grain or two of other lots. But then I ran across a 44 grain difference between two different lots. I called Nosler support on this issue and they did not seem to be surprised with this much of a difference. I explained I was not able to purchase Nosler brass except on line or drive long distances to try and find the same lot. I asked if it is possible two buy bulk quantities with no luck. I explained I enjoy shooting and hunting LR and it would be nice if they would offer the option to buy in larger quantities than 50 for this specific caliber. Getting no where with Nosler I decided to give up on them and ask for input from others who they trust in quality brass and can be bought in quantities of 200 plus in the same lot. Look forward to your input.

i've used lots of different brands of brass and i bought some nosler 7mm rem mag brass and my experience was very good, i thought it was, still is, great brass. i mean, obviously i think nosler just rebrands someone else's brass so not sure who actually made it but i suspect norma. sorry to hear, i did call them to ask who made it and their customer service was useless, as in not helpful at all.

So you have a whole lot that is 44grns over another whole lot.
Or 1 brass 44 over/under?
Mind really can't grasp either being that bad. Wow really. Crikey. Let us know how the rest of this goes down. I want to know.
Shep

I have used Nosler bras for some time in various calibers due to it consistency within lots and even when using other lots it was within a grain or two of other lots. But then I ran across a 44 grain difference between two different lots. I called Nosler support on this issue and they did not seem to be surprised with this much of a difference. I explained I was not able to purchase Nosler brass except on line or drive long distances to try and find the same lot. I asked if it is possible two buy bulk quantities with no luck. I explained I enjoy shooting and hunting LR and it would be nice if they would offer the option to buy in larger quantities than 50 for this specific caliber. Getting no where with Nosler I decided to give up on them and ask for input from others who they trust in quality brass and can be bought in quantities of 200 plus in the same lot. Look forward to your input.
I did not know Nosler made "bras" I'll have to let my wife know....lol...could not resist.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.