I'm Done with a Bipod on My Hunting Gun

Yes I nearly corrected my post and got lazy and did not, yes it does not go as low as the gun works and I am sure it is not as sturdy but yes it was $150 for the Primos sticks

Yes I nearly corrected my post and got lazy and did not, yes it does not go as low as the gun works and I am sure it is not as sturdy but yes it was $150 for the Primos sticks
Yours are nicer than the sticks I have. I've been looking at those for awhile. That's the problem when you like to fish, hunt, and 4wheel. It all costs money!

Yours are nicer than the sticks I have. I've been looking at those for awhile. That's the problem when you like to fish, hunt, and 4wheel. It all costs money!
You are so right ,that's probably why I have the trigger sticks I have expensive taste but cannot afford the top notch gear. but I don't like cheap stuff either and find something middle of the road that works for me

I LOVE mine!!! Also use it with a binocular attachment for glassing, works VERY well...
You mean one of these LOL
image.jpg

You guys probably want to do an upgrade by now. I have some magic shooting sticks and a bipod for trade on those Primos tripods ;)

It's another case of right tool for the job. Different terrain requires different tools. Different parts of different states. If I hunt the desert south of my house my bipod is worthless with a sea of truck size sagebrush. But one hour north and I'm shooting timbered ridge to ridge and use that bipod often. The Spartan has definitely made me feel better about it only weighing a few ounces and staying off the rifle till needed. I agree the newer tripods with arca heads have been replacing the need for my bipod most of the time and switching from outdoorsmans stud binoc to tripod to gun this year has been super fun and easy transitions. Find it with your binocs, confirm you wanna shoot it with your spotter, and slide in your rifle and sometimes you wouldn't even need to move the tripod! It's been a joy to use and light enough to take into the backcountry even.

View attachment 299359I'm always about "better to have and not need, than to need and not have", but I found a bipod on my hunting rig is useless FOR ME. Laying prone in the field is about like kissing your cousin. Yeah, the idea might might be tempting, but it still ain't right. 😄 I'll leave prone to the range/target shooting.

So, the shooting stick and field chair is where its at. Gonna start training for this style, along with standing shots, and reconfirm zeros.
That's y I use the javelin. It's In my pocket or in my pack if I need it. Super light too.

Attachments

• E99F2A18-99AA-4A7C-A03B-4F3052C0DEEB.jpeg
    E99F2A18-99AA-4A7C-A03B-4F3052C0DEEB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 118
  • 347E5F47-696A-4C3F-A492-275E7A1EB958.jpeg
    347E5F47-696A-4C3F-A492-275E7A1EB958.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
  • 3A1E341D-01C5-4A0A-9ED4-74B44A620A45.jpeg
    3A1E341D-01C5-4A0A-9ED4-74B44A620A45.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 113
  • AE766E77-8063-4D19-8764-57929CCF6860.jpeg
    AE766E77-8063-4D19-8764-57929CCF6860.jpeg
    750.8 KB · Views: 120
View attachment 299359I'm always about "better to have and not need, than to need and not have", but I found a bipod on my hunting rig is useless FOR ME. Laying prone in the field is about like kissing your cousin. Yeah, the idea might might be tempting, but it still ain't right. 😄 I'll leave prone to the range/target shooting.

So, the shooting stick and field chair is where its at. Gonna start training for this style, along with standing shots, and reconfirm zeros.

You have the wrong one. Try using the Hatch Outwest bipod you can shoot from sitting or kneeling or prone. Also have you looked at tripods