I'm beside my self, if I only I could kick my self in the BUTT

Bcwn

So yeah after all the council and guidance from everyone on here I head out today to break in my barrel. 6 boxes of HSM trophy gold 185 gr Bergers 300 win. Umm yeah so break in was almost 3 hours followed the break in from precision magazine, takes 50 rounds with some serious cleaning rod work involved. I finally get to zero after letting my barrel cool, had to wait about 5 min between each shot so my barrel could cool down, an hour or so later I finally get a sub MOA group bench rested on a lead sled, I'm super pumped! Wait for it! I put my turret back on and it moves past zero stop, I'm thinking what the heck is my turret broken, of course not! my dumb @$$ failed to bottom out my turret before taking it off. Yeah I just said that. I shot 3 boxes of ammo today at almost $50 a box. So incase anyone gets frustrated and wants to call it quits when it comes to preparing for season just think about this screw up. I'm headed back out tomorrow morning to put this thing to bed once and for all.

I got to the range one day after driving 45 minutes to test different rounds for a new .22lr only to find I left my bolt at home, drove 45 minutes home, turned on the tele & stayed there o_O

S@#t happens mate, but at least you got it run in right ;)

Been there and done that, forgot the ammo oncea and also a 40 to 45 minute drive. Frustrating that day now its just funny Lol

You're a better man than me, I just start shooting the new ones lol. Hope your new rig runs great for you.

As I admit to my age ,soon to be 62, I find it easier to write a list over a few days so not to forget anything. Then I'll assemble my gear ,in on spot near the door , check over my list, load the truck, then spend the next half hour looking for my keys.....s#it happens.......

Drove to shoot one day...forgot the bags...had to improvise...
Of course this was a spare shoe....but if in a pinch in the hunt...wouldnt hesitant to pull one off and use it....worked good... 1005181246.jpg....no...no plans to sell my shoes.....

Drove out to hunting area 45min to hour away got there then realized forgot rifle. Oops. Had to laugh about it later figured it wouldn't be hunting if something whacked or odd didn't happened.
At 66 YO I've forgotten things a few time but never my rifle. That's a hard one to swallow friend!

It took me 2 shots to sight in my new rifle,,, 5 boolitz per 5 sets to ladder the best node...

3 X's I tested the loads = 75 shots,,, then 3 more range runs to confirm the dope...

Ruffly 250 to 300 down the pipe,,, she's a shooter that's ready for hunting season...

Took out a Magpie on the ground at 257 yards this morning,,, big poof of feathers fore sure... Coyote at 387 yards,,, 7 Gophers between 500 and 735 yards... Not bad out of 24 shots with a 3 to 5 mph cross section wind...

Yuppers,,, best reload ammo going for the 2019 hunting season that gets underway very soon up here in the North...

The cost of ammo is what it is,,, the rewards of these cost are priceless... Ha

Good on you for getting things sorted at your end BCWN,,, that's what really counts...

Happy harvest season to you and all with boots on the ground

Had a friend who elk hunted with us. Every year he forgot something. The last hunt we were on he forgot well over half his gear. Sadly, now he can hardly remember anyone and is in his wife's care 24-7.

Last year at deer camp my buddies little brother went out on the porch just after dark and brought my buddies 270 in after unloading it . The next morning everyone gets up and heads out to sit and watch. Guess who realized when it got daylight and was going to load his gun that he didn't have a bolt. Lol he was beyond mad. To say the least his brother for what ever reason pulled it and laid on the fire place mantle the evening before.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.