I'm beside my self, if I only I could kick my self in the BUTT

Been there. Once forgot to torque down the base. And left my driver at home 1.5 hrs away. To shoot with my dad and he had left his tool bag at home 45 mins from range

Shooting time is invaluable...though expensive....you learned a lot, got some trigger time, and....now you get to verify that you weren't just "lucky" with those groups.....I always wonder after a fantastic shooting session, if the next time will be a "Twilight Zone" episode....rsbhunter

I showed up at the range one day to shoot with a couple of buddies. One of them turns white as a ghost and high tails it out of there. Come to find out when he was loading his truck he forgot the ammo can full of three glocks sitting in his apartment parking lot. Thankfully the can was right where he left it, and we were able to have a nice enjoyable range day after he got back.

I showed up at the range one day to shoot with a couple of buddies. One of them turns white as a ghost and high tails it out of there. Come to find out when he was loading his truck he forgot the ammo can full of three glocks sitting in his apartment parking lot. Thankfully the can was right where he left it, and we were able to have a nice enjoyable range day after he got back.

Well, AFTER he changed his shorts I bet.

My question is, why did you use the expensive ammo to break it in?

So yeah after all the council and guidance from everyone on here I head out today to break in my barrel. 6 boxes of HSM trophy gold 185 gr Bergers 300 win. Umm yeah so break in was almost 3 hours followed the break in from precision magazine, takes 50 rounds with some serious cleaning rod work involved. I finally get to zero after letting my barrel cool, had to wait about 5 min between each shot so my barrel could cool down, an hour or so later I finally get a sub MOA group bench rested on a lead sled, I'm super pumped! Wait for it! I put my turret back on and it moves past zero stop, I'm thinking what the heck is my turret broken, of course not! my dumb @$$ failed to bottom out my turret before taking it off. Yeah I just said that. I shot 3 boxes of ammo today at almost $50 a box. So incase anyone gets frustrated and wants to call it quits when it comes to preparing for season just think about this screw up. I'm headed back out tomorrow morning to put this thing to bed once and for all.

I got to the range one day after driving 45 minutes to test different rounds for a new .22lr only to find I left my bolt at home, drove 45 minutes home, turned on the tele & stayed there o_O

That's nuthin'. I drove 1000 miles to a pig hunt to discover the same thing. Luckily my best bud had another rifle along. Old's a bitch.

To Aushunter1– I share your pain!!! A few years back - went to one of my Elk Hunting spots - Moderate Hike in w/ Rem 700 in .340Wby slung over my back, in full early morning Dark, as it got light enuff to start to see — pulled rounds out of pocket and went to retrieve my Bolt — Guess What I had Left in my Gun Safe @ Home !!!

Drove to shoot one day...forgot the bags...had to improvise...
Of course this was a spare shoe....but if in a pinch in the hunt...wouldnt hesitant to pull one off and use it....worked good...View attachment 144695....no...no plans to sell my shoes.....

I drove to the range one day and unloaded and set up my spotting scope, heavy bench rests, rifles, ammo and drove out to the 300 yard target area only to find I'd left my target stands at home. It's never happened again.

As I admit to my age ,soon to be 62, I find it easier to write a list over a few days so not to forget anything. Then I'll assemble my gear ,in on spot near the door , check over my list, load the truck, then spend the next half hour looking for my keys.....s#it happens.......
I tried the list once.....lost the list!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.