I'm Back!

bman73

I have been away for a while, both on here and shooting and hunting in general. Not much of an excuse but new job and tons of overtime, basically life just got in the way of living. A couple of weeks ago I had the chance to go out and do some shooting again and it relit my fire so to speak. Spent an afternoon ringing steel at 1150 yards and yesterday went out on my first bear hunt in two years. Watched my buddy get a nice bear at a pretty close distance (he's not in to the long range stuff) and then this morning I got a nice sized bear, not huge just nice, but it was from my now personal best distance of 469 yards(it was 373 before). Not long range by many others on here but I'm getting there, not confident enough on my wind calls to really stretch it out on a live target........ yet. Hoping to be back to a more regular member again and to have more stories and pictures soon :)

Attachments

• IMG_0649[1].jpg
    IMG_0649[1].jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 83
yes it is the 110Ba in .338 Lapua. I was shooting the 300 grain gen II Berger hybrids. Hit him in the onside shoulder, liquefied the lungs then left a golf ball sized exit wound about 3 ribs behind the offside shoulder. He was quartering a little towards me when I shot. Dropped like a sack of hammers on impact and rolled around for a bit then pushed himself about 50 feet. Only mistake we made was going up right away with the 4 wheeler so we put another into him with a carry gun to finish him as he was still alive when we got there, in hindsight we should of just waited 15 minutes or so but what can I say, I was a little excited.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.