Illionois new Anti gun laws

Donham

Heard on the radio the other day, about how Mayor Rich Daily of Chicago is writing up some strict gun laws outlawing a bunch of guns, Semi autos, more handguns and so forth, he is said to have quoted "There is a chance these will get passed now that Springfield is not run by the GOP" or he was said to had said something to that order...
California, now Illinois, do the other stats follow? I live only 4 miles from Illinois, one of my great friends who I used to work with, lift weights, and hunt with, he's not liking it for sure, he's even a city police officer in his town...
Are we next... Illinois has feel under the demo-nazi leadership, people don't understand what if somehow the whitehouse, the senate, and house of reps falls under the demo's again? are gun owners meat in the pan?

Most the hunters in my area are somewhat democrat, say "they are not going to do that!" they think cause the local democrats haven't talked anti gun, that they are no threat... they say "The democrats haven't outlawed my guns so far!"
They don't understand the democrats are not going to come out on TV or radio and say they want to outlaw guns in a heavy hunter area, but if the high up democrats say to the local democrats in office "do it now, or you lose our suport and money" They secretly suport the new laws of thier leaders in a heartbeat..
I'm not the best at explaining this, but I just think it's happening little by little right under out nose, it's only a matter of time befor they go after scoped rifles, too much accurcy is dangerous to VIP's in political office

Another question is:

Why are the democrats so anti gun? I mean we can sit back and think they are narrow minded idiots who can't think more than one demesion..

I think they actually know the facts, the statisitcs... for instance Astrailia, crime has risin all over, home burgleries itself has risin a WHOPPING 300%... murder, rape, assault has risin 150-200%...
You can't tell me the democrats don't know this, they have got to understand "gun laws" only effect "law abiding citizens" for the most part...
I think the democrats know this, and make the laws to make matters worse "Vote for us, and we will fix it" same for the Race issue, the Republicans say "equel", the democrats say "Retribution", "payback time for whites", "lets give the minorities or blacks special rights in the form of -hate crimes- or -Afirmative action- and so forth and etc etc..
It sounds to alot of people like they are trying to fix the problem.. but..
They know that it will cause more trouble than fix it...
"Vote for us, and we'll fix it!"
It gets worse, so they make more laws.. people think "Thats what we need!" I'll vote for you!" They don't understand the demos are using throuble to start more trouble to get more votes...
I'm not sure if the democrats are evil like some think, or stupid, they are using "doom and gloom" making it worse, telling people at the same time they'll make it better if they vote democrat..

Sorry for the long post..
I heard this filth on the radio (WLS Chicago right after Rush Limbaugh) and it bothered me.

take care
scott

Dailey needs to be tarred and feathered,but I don't think these partisan issues are as black and white as they appear to be on the surface.No,I'm not a Democrat and I can see why sportsmen are so paranoid of the party.There was a Democrat congressman from Wis. who was pro-gun to the point of having a reloader in his office in D.C.! It was in an Outdoor Life article a few years ago.I hate gun control too,but it's an oversimplification to blame the political parties.I find that I stay less upset by not watching the TV news.If I see Dan Rather,I get like this
mad.gif

I'll throw my .02 in here since I'm an Illinoisan & see/hear this every day.

The new governor, Rod Blagojovich, is possibly one of the most anti-gun governor's in history. He was put in office largely as a result of Mayor Dailey & Seaker of the House Michael Madigan's political machine - which Blagojovich is a part. He has spent exactly ONE day since his inauguration in the capitol, the rest has been spent in Chicago, where he holds court. While a legislator, he proposed raising the fees for a Firearm Owners ID card (FOID, required to buy/ sell/ purchase guns & ammo) from the current $5 every three years to $500 annually. His now infamous quote was, "I want to make you think twice about owning a gun in Illinois."

Even scarier is the new Illinois Attorney General: Lisa Madigan. She's an ultra liberal of the worst sort. She's was a 1st term state senator elected because of her daddy, Mike Madigan. She defeated a very honorable pro-gun states attorney from DuPage County. Her big thing isn't corprate corruption or ensuring victims' rights, it's being an 'advocate' on controversial issues & blabbering about her 'activism' while teaching school kids in South Africa. She showed her true colors during her acceptance speech on election night, "It's now time for some common sense legislation on firearms in this state" What do suppose that means? She scares me more than Blago ever did. Since Dems control the Illinois house, senate, & governor's mansion - it's only a matter of time before we're completely on the defensive.

Blago was put in office by two groups - the Dailey/ Chicago machine & unions in southern Illinois. They were snookered by the old 'Oh, we really don't want to take your duck guns away from you' BS. We will all pay the price soon. Only a few years ago we were only ONE vote away from passing concealed carry. More than ever there are two states within one - Chicago & the rest of Illinois - only one matters.....

Watch for more pressure from the Democrats - they sense that the down economy will help keep RKBA from peeling votes from the unions.

Illinois is particularly obnoxious vis a vis RKBA.

posted 02-16-2003 04:43 PM Profile for red ox Email red ox Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Dailey needs to be tarred and feathered,but I don't think these partisan issues are as black and white as they appear to be on the surface.No,I'm not a Democrat and I can see why sportsmen are so paranoid of the party.There was a Democrat congressman from Wis. who was pro-gun to the point of having a reloader in his office in D.C.! It was in an Outdoor Life article a few years ago.I hate gun control too,but it's an oversimplification to blame the political parties.I find that I stay less upset by not watching the TV news.If I see Dan Rather,I get like this

Don't get me wrong, I do not HATE democrats, my whole family is democrat, not liberals, but
more like FRD democrats...

I know it's not always 100% that the demos are anti, and repubs are pro, there is alot of republicans who are liberal..
but in General stronghold issues, the democrats are anti freedome to protect yourself with a firearm or hunt, and the republicans are pro freedome to do so...

Democrats today are not like the good old FDR ones of yeasterday, back then Demos wanted to help the poor, and believed in freesome of the people to have rights...
now 60 years later, the only poor people democrats care for is blacks...

Republicans care the same (or lack of maybe) for everyone the same, blacks, whites, yellow, brown, red.. there is no racial favortisum, everyone in the USA has the same freedome to make it big equally...

A few republican ideas I'm not found of.. say Abortion, I'm not for it myself, but I'm not for forcing MY OPINION onto other families ways, the same I don't want the anti-gunners being able to FORCE thier opinion onto mine.
Then on the other hand, the abrtion issue is to give WOMEN more rights to chose, not the man, who BOTH are the unborn childs parent...
if BOTH can't have a say in it, then NONME should be able to. "Femi-NAZI-isum" has got to be stopped also..

people say the GOP is anti union, anti USA jobs, maybe so somewhat, butlook at Bill Clinton, he signed the "North American Free Trade Aggreement" with no heditation, selling out American union jobs to Mexico.. are the republicans any worse than the democrats in keeping jobs here in USA? Doesn't look like it.

scott

Speedbump, I feel for you brother, I don't like to far from your state, and feel your pain... it can happen here too, give or take 2-4 years and all can change for the worse in ANY state..

Like have said to many my friends, I'm not really a big fan of the republicansm, I don't really care for the Bush's, but the republicans are "the lesser of the Two Eveil!"" boycotting both isn't going to make the problem go away, suporting ANYONE to drive off the Liberals and see em stand in the unemployment line is my goal.

scott

I live in the occupied state of ILL. All i can say is don't whine about it, Bombard your senators and congressman with letters.It only takes a few minutes of your time,I orient mine around the issue of (We do'nt need any more new laws you just need to enforce what's 0n the books)I guess i'll be finding how big a lying BAS---D Balog. really is , as i kept every reply his office sent me when he was running for office( Gun Control Issues)It's time people quit voting for there social security checks and vote for there CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS

Kaney,

No whining going on here, just stating facts. I put in my .02 worth directly: my state senator lives 1/4 mile away & I guarantee you he's aware of who I am & my position on 2nd Ammendment issues.

My state rep lives @ 20 milies away, but I sat with him & a couple of others at last fall's Friends of the NRA Banquet & had a nice talk over dinner. Both are NRA rated A+ !!!

Talking about those issues with many politicians from northern Illinois would almost be a waste of breath....

Keep the Faith!

[ 02-24-2003: Message edited by: speedbump ]

speedbump
I'll agree with you on the reps from northern Ill i live in the northwest corner.Our chapter has there banquet 03/02 and i'll be there pushing the piont( do'nt be setting on your *** get out there and be vocal)

Kaney,

If by being vocal, you mean persistent
mad.gif

, hard-headed
blush.gif
, & obstinant
tongue.gif
, then I'm already there!!!!
grin.gif

Our banquets are usually in October, just enough time to get everyone fired up before the general elections....

Speedbump

My significant other always says ( I'm sure glad there aren't two of you)I guess she's wrong. And you hit it right on the head. Maybe we should hook up sometime, for some serious shooting.

posted 02-23-2003 06:49 AM Profile for Kaney Email Kaney Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post I live in the occupied state of ILL. All i can say is don't whine about it, Bombard your senators and congressman with letters.It only takes a few minutes of your time,I orient mine around the issue of (We do'nt need any more new laws you just need to enforce what's 0n the books)I guess i'll be finding how big a lying BAS---D Balog. really is , as i kept every reply his office sent me when he was running for office( Gun Control Issues)It's time people quit voting for there social security checks and vote for there CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS

I'm not sure if people are whinning, people are voicing whats happening I would think, buit I tend to aggree with you on some poeple, they whine, and NEVER VOTE.

the Republicans are not after the SSI checks of the elderly, thats liberal media propaganda...

Alot of us so voice our opinion, but the liberal media through the last 30 years has brainwashed MOST people to think guns are for "crooks" "killer" or "white redneck racists", people just seem to say or think "I like guns somewhat, but don't need one" then 10 years later after all the liberal media brainwashing, they tend to believe the liberal way and think

"Hummm, I've never needed a gun yet, why now, and look at all the nice things the liberals are doing for us, My black friend at work, they are ttying to help them out, and help our union!"

the Truth is, the liberals do not want piece, they want the guns taken away so civil unrest skyrockets, so they can say "vote for us, we'll fix it" same for black rights, the Democrats don't want EQUEL rights for everyone, give the blacks EXTRA rights OVER whites, and it will cause more problems, but they make you think they are trying to help, and when matters get worse, they say "Vote for us, we'll fix it!".. a chain reaction, it's helped them for many years

the general public believe the liberals are for them for the poor, you can send a billion letters to your state rep, he doesn't care, he's got HUGE organizations on his side getting him/her the votes...

Try moving to San Fransico, and sending letters to your state rep saying you think "gay rights" is bullcrap..
I don't care how many lettes you would send.. you wouldn't change anything..
Complaining to them is a waste, (THEY ARE SET IN THIER LIBERAL WAYS!) VOTING against them and getting more poeple to vote against them "will work"

The anti gun reps are starting here in Indiana now with a Class A mistamener domestic assault
as grounds to not allow for firearms..

I've never had Domestic Assault, but I know some good people who have on simple groud of a
dope dealing neighbor startinhg a fight with him, and he beat the tar out of him...and was charged...
The problem is the police can charge you with ANYTHING, the liberal judges are on there side.. a Good citizen who defends himself can't own a gun anymore LEGALLY...
if your EXTREAMLY wealthy and can afford a Lawyer or live in a better neighborhhod with less crime, you don't have to worry about those laws...
As you can see this law is another small step in disarming the people, starting with the poor and middle class...

it will get worse.

scott

Kaney,

I get up that way once or twice a year to shoot near New Windsor, between Galesburg & Rock Island. I met LRH member Tim Courtney up there last year & had a blast.

The range there hosts 1,000 yard matches - the only 1K range in Illinois that I know of. Bad thing is, it's 6+ hours from here & you have to chase cows off the firing line occasionally!

SPEEDBUMP I've got a 400yd. range a couple of miles from me that's the same way.Rock Island is only about an hour and a half from here , What's the name of that range.I've been going to Lodi Wisc. there in the process of setting up a 1200 yarder, but those guys up there seem to stick there nose in the air to outsiders.DONHAM I agree with you all the way

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts