Illinois FNG

Welcome to the forum! What kind of shooting do you like to do these days?
Mostly 20ga over my Drahthaar upland hunting! Second to that I have been shooting my recurve a ton this year, even got a whitetail with it.

Rifle hunting in IL is pretty much limited to yotes, so I'd like to get into that. I've been getting into out of state hunting. So I'd like to be proficient/confident enough to have the option for rifle tags.

Mostly 20ga over my Drahthaar upland hunting! Second to that I have been shooting my recurve a ton this year, even got a whitetail with it.

Rifle hunting in IL is pretty much limited to yotes, so I'd like to get into that. I've been getting into out of state hunting. So I'd like to be proficient/confident enough to have the option for rifle tags.
Awesome....love hunting with my Pudlepointer. FEAR THE BEARD!!! Seriously look into maybe getting a PCP air rifle for practice if your limited in space or available ranges. Springers just were not consistent enough for me. Even with PCP you can go broke and throw stupid amount of money at it or do just fine for a lot less. I went with a large air tank, 22 Cal Benjamin Marauder, UTG scope, and it shoots crosman $10 pellets into .5" or less 5 shot groups at 50yds. I spent well over the cost with multiple springers, hand pumps, etc. etc. You will learn drop and wind hold crazy fast with a good pellet gun. I have several practice long range guns 223, 6.5 sucksmoor, 30-06, 300WM, and I use the 223 the most out to 5-600yds.

Awesome....love hunting with my Pudlepointer. FEAR THE BEARD!!! Seriously look into maybe getting a PCP air rifle for practice if your limited in space or available ranges. Springers just were not consistent enough for me. Even with PCP you can go broke and throw stupid amount of money at it or do just fine for a lot less. I went with a large air tank, 22 Cal Benjamin Marauder, UTG scope, and it shoots crosman $10 pellets into .5" or less 5 shot groups at 50yds. I spent well over the cost with multiple springers, hand pumps, etc. etc. You will learn drop and wind hold crazy fast with a good pellet gun. I have several practice long range guns 223, 6.5 sucksmoor, 30-06, 300WM, and I use the 223 the most out to 5-600yds.
I do have a hw95 (springer) with peep sights. It's minute of squirrel all day, but like you said, hard to get great groups with. I had looked into PCPs a while back, but may reconsider it. I do have a 50yd range at home.