Illinois can use 450 Bushmaster/350 Legend type guns, what to get?

I got the Ruger American in 450bm for a song from budsgunshop. Shoots excellent with the 16" barrel with break. Very easy to reload with the Hornady FTX. I would challenge the idea that a 12ga has better ballistics. The 450 is spitting out a 250gn pointed FTX at about 2200 fps.

Agreed out to 200 its a tac driver obviously over not so much lol. Have taken coyotes with it at close to 200. Just saying 300-350 would be great lol
I'm not from Missouri, but would like to see one of those 200 yard tack driver targets. We used to be limited to shotguns. If I had to go back to them for deer hunting I would be tempted to quit. Now I do bow hunt, but that's a different thing altogether.

I'm not from Missouri, but would like to see one of those 200 yard tack driver targets. We used to be limited to shotguns. If I had to go back to them for deer hunting I would be tempted to quit. Now I do bow hunt, but that's a different thing altogether.

Take a look on YouTube for the Ruger American 450bm and see what folks are doing with a 16" barrel at 200 and 300 yards.

Why is this a law? I get a similar vibe to the Idaho 16lb Rifle law. Makes absolutely ZERO sense.

Take a look on YouTube for the Ruger American 450bm and see what folks are doing with a 16" barrel at 200 and 300 yards.
I may have misunderstood, I thought the conversation about a 200 yard tack driver was a 20 gauge shotgun?

I am a bit guilty of being wary of the term tack driver on the internet. I have a Ruger American 223 with a 16" barrel. It shoots OK, but I wouldn't call it a tack driver.

I have a hr that shoots the accutips well enough to hit my 4" gong at 200 yards repeatedly. Took many years to find the right slug and shotgun but it works.
That being said. It looks like you can only use the 350-450 if it's in a pistol. Not a rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.