If you will not able to view our Newsletter emails in HTML raise your hand.

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
In about a week I will be mailing out our first monthly (or so) Newsletter. It will include your first chance to read these new Featured Articles:
  • "Long Range Ambush" by Shawn Carlock.
  • "When Gadgets Fail - The Use of Rangefinding Reticles" by Darrell Holland.

The newsletter will have a look and feel similar to that of our website with colored graphics, backgrounds and photos.

I have been feverishly learning about how to do this on a professional level. The big question is how many will not be able to view it as HTML. This means to see the colored graphics, web links underlined in an active way, view the photos, etc.

I will try to figure out a way to embed the content as both plain text that everyone can see and as richer HTML content when I send future issues. But it looks like I won't have that figured out in time for our first issue.

So raise your hands high so I can see them if you think you will not be able to view the first Newsletter in HTML! light bulb

i'll show my puter skills here and ask...what is HTML? if it means anything, i can see your advertisements and banners. uncle Buds NASCAR boys are just as, well, pretty as a picture!

Morning, Dave

In this context, HTML is what allows you to see colored graphics, pictures embedded within text (not separate at the end of the message) and active underlined web links in emails you may already be receiving.

An example may be the email you receive from your wife's online clothing store or from Cabela's.

I am looking forward to both articles. I am sure that Shawn and I have the same philosophy about what it takes to get a shot just from the name of the article alone.

Being from the "old school- pre-gameboy days", I am looking forward to the ART article also.

In fact, the two articles together make a peculiar combination because the scopes my snipers used on their M-21s were the Leatherwood ARTs.

RUpe, any computer will "get" the Cabela's flyer but the question is whether you see it in its graphics-rich form or see it just as plain text.

I'm sorry Len butGraphics-rich and plain text mean nothing to me. I'm a complete idiot when it comes to computers and thier terms. I have windows XP does that help?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.