If you like lever actions you'll probably hate me after seeing this.

She turns 3 next month and she already been bird hunting with me 3 times and to the range probably 75+ times. She thinks anything can be hunted and I'm not correcting her 🤣
Hahahaha. My oldest sons are 5 and 4. The 4 year old is a bit more sensitive about animals in general which I have no issue with of course…but he's fascinated by guns and my handloading process.

I told him one day if he wants he can come hunting

"What will we shoot?"

"A deer"

"why?"

"So we can eat it" I tell him plainly.

He starts looking like he might be sad or upset and says "I don't want to do that. I don't want to shoot or eat a deer"

I tell him that's just fine, he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to. I thought that had calmed his anxiety about the whole thing and his older brother, always "helpful" and not sensitive about the subject at all, chimes in with

"Yeah…you don't have to eat the deer if you don't want. You could just kill it and dad will eat it!!!!" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I mean he's not wrong…..

Is this the millennial equivalent of wood that really pops? Hear me out a starburst pattern Woodstock stands out from straight grain wood. This certainly stands out.
Not really, I have some 10k + shotguns with wood that really pops. This is the equivalent to not wanting the same black multicam as everyone else at the range and thinking it was cool 🤷‍♂️

Hahahaha. My oldest sons are 5 and 4. The 4 year old is a bit more sensitive about animals in general which I have no issue with of course…but he's fascinated by guns and my handloading process.

I told him one day if he wants he can come hunting

"What will we shoot?"

"A deer"

"why?"

"So we can eat it" I tell him plainly.

He starts looking like he might be sad or upset and says "I don't want to do that. I don't want to shoot or eat a deer"

I tell him that's just fine, he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to. I thought that had calmed his anxiety about the whole thing and his older brother, always "helpful" and not sensitive about the subject at all, chimes in with

"Yeah…you don't have to eat the deer if you don't want. You could just kill it and dad will eat it!!!!" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I mean he's not wrong…..
That's an amazing response!! She "shoots" our dear in the back yard every morning with her toy gun. I know she'll hit a phase where she is more sensitive to it but if I can keep the hunting aspect normalized I'll be happy!!

Definitely different, I personally lean more toward the traditional myself., but... I find no fault in yours. Cheers

Winchester and Colt 1873 375 Mag 7.jpg

Gonna keep pushing the contrarian point. A well fiddled stock stood out and conveyed a message that you had arrived at a certain point financially. Previous generation would have understood exhibition grade wood to mean affluence and class.

This generation values other things, that's why 75% of them have tacky tattoos all over their bodies but none of them own a home. Different value base, a 4570 that looks like the frosting from a late 90s Simpson donut communicates "I'm different/quirky/origional". Something the current culture values more than anything else.

Gonna keep pushing the contrarian point. A well fiddled stock stood out and conveyed a message that you had arrived at a certain point financially. Previous generation would have understood exhibition grade wood to mean affluence and class.

This generation values other things, that's why 75% of them have tacky tattoos all over their bodies but none of them own a home. Different value base, a 4570 that looks like the frosting from a late 90s Simpson donut communicates "I'm different/quirky/origional". Something the current culture values more than anything else.
I think there was a lot of this going around when women started showing their ankles in public and people switched from shooting a blunderbuss to a j purdy or Wesley Richards...