If you had to pick one ??

POWDER..what would you choose..I'd pick H-4350..the best powder going in my opinion. I've never found one that is so versitile..from 6mm's to .338's..great powder, clean and consistant... WHAT would you pick..?

Retumbo/H1000... Are not temperature sensitive. Works for me in my 300rem ultra mag.

chris

I'm a huge fan of H-4350 as it works in everything from a 22-250 through 300 win mag that I have but I'm starting to like the VIhta Vuori powders more and more as I use them , they are not temp sensitive or at least not any more than the rest of the powders that I've use including the new Extreme powders , they give better velocitites in most cases they shoot very lean and meter better than 95% of my other powders. I have also found that the lot to lot consistance is better than most others.

So in this case I think that I'd have to say my fovorite powder right now is VV N-165

H4350 is a great powder for most calibers but I like short fat cases in 24" barrels so I would choose H4895. I need to try VV N165

Probably the most versatile powders are H4895, IMR4831, H4831, and H/IMR 4350.

But my reloading room always has a vast supply of RL22, RL25, Varget, and H1000. Oh, and not to mention about 20 pounds of N133!

Ah heck, just mix 'em all up together and call it a Hodgdon 57 mix super powder and that's my favorite!

Thank goodness we dont have to choose. I would have to give up either hunting, F-Class, or Benchrest. That said I would choose VV560. I could get by with it for hunting and F-Class.

If I could only have one powder..... Sad to think about that but if that were the case and I was able to have one powder and only one powder, it would be WC872.

Why!!!!!

All my Allen Magnums and Allen Xpress rounds are quite happy shooting it!!!:D. Its dirty, its ****y with heat changes but man does it make those big cases wildcats spit those heavy bullets out fast!!!

Did not way this was a practical choice but in my case, would keep all of my AMs and AXs up and running, and running well for that matter....

Kirby Allen(50)

4350, either one, i've used them for my kids .243 all the way up to my 300Rum with great results on all, they are the most versatile powders there are in my experiences.

Last edited:
Bounty,
Is that MRP the old Winchester variety or Norma's. I have used a lot of the Winchester in some Weatherby mags with excellent success. Do you know anything about the Winchester MRP?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.