If you don't have a good supply...

Mike6158

I just did a quick check of some of my favorite suppliers. The places that listed my favorite powders, primers, and bullets as in stock 7-10 days ago now list them all as Out of Stock or Back-Ordered. The panic has set in. 2 weeks ago I could've bought .223 in 1,000 round lots. Today, not even one .223 round or the parts to build a round can be found (easily).

Panic has set in and it's far worse than four years ago...

I just did a quick check of some of my favorite suppliers. The places that listed my favorite powders, primers, and bullets as in stock 7-10 days ago now list them all as Out of Stock or Back-Ordered. The panic has set in. 2 weeks ago I could've bought .223 in 1,000 round lots. Today, not even one .223 round or the parts to build a round can be found (easily).

Panic has set in and it's far worse than four years ago...
Yep, I have a good supply of loaded on hand, but not enough stuff to reload for two different 22 cal's if this continues for terribly long. I may have to stay away from the 22's and shoot my 270's, 7mm's, or 30 cal's. Oh, the shame!!! I've actually got enough around after the last time this happened I can shoot for years without buying much at all. I wish others had thought a bit about who really is steering the sinking ship we're on. Heck, I've even gotten into lead pills for a couple of cal's so I can roll my own without worrying about bullet sourcing.

If I was going to get in a bind it would be with bullets but I'm n good shape on those too. I'm more concerned that it's happening than I am about not having what I need. Panic drives people to do dumb things.

I could use a few more 75 grain match slugs for mine( 55 are too light)-- why bother pulling the trigger if you can't hit?? Other that that I'll survive just fine. You are correct that panic = bad and possibly very dumb things happening.

I don't know why people do this everytime a ban idea comes out. They are talking about a ban on AR's and high capacity mags. Not powder, primers and bullets. It's crazy how people react to such things. I am betting that the buy outs on that stuff will start to slow down after a few months like it did last time. It would be a cold day in hell before they got to ban all that stuff. Just my opinion on it.

They don't like the ammo that feeds these weapons either, especially the military over runs in the hands of civilians....oh no!
db

Dang, it's worse out there than even a week ago. There aren't ANY ar mags available locally and the bullet supply has vanished. Powder is bad too. Try finding srm primers...The local online marketplace has a few trying to make bank from the situation selling AR's at twice normal prices. It's absurd.

For those who think ban legislation can not happen.... think again. It is very possible, one of these times it will be a fact. Good thing i'm reasonably well stocked. That being said... I do not really think it will come this time.

We know Obama loves his executive orders. He has nothing to loose at this point in his presidency. What if he decided to tax components? Imagine a one dollar tax on every bullet? I have heard friends say this isn't that far fetched. What if he banned lead bullets? So far he is not the king of excutive orders, I hear Nixon has that crown but I'd bet Obama has some orders up his sleeve that won't make us happy.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.