If you could only have 3 long guns, which would you choose?

I would probably take three uppers……a. 224 Valkerie, a 6.8,458 SOCOM. As a 4th, I would look at a longer range cartridge based on he AR-15 action.
Wow, I can't believe that didn't occur to me, can one AR count as only one and have multiple uppers for it? In that case I want the 223, 300blk, 22lr, and 6mm arc uppers. Then stick with my 22 mag and 300 prc.
I really wish I could do a 20 ga in and AR 15 just to add a shotgun to the pile but until someone makes one that slaps on.

Really pushing the limits aren't I…… Who came up with this game anyway, this is horribly stressful to consider!?!?

Wow, I can't believe that didn't occur to me, can one AR count as only one and have multiple uppers for it? In that case I want the 223, 300blk, 22lr, and 6mm arc uppers. Then stick with my 22 mag and 300 prc.
I really wish I could do a 20 ga in and AR 15 just to add a shotgun to the pile but until someone makes one that slaps on.

Really pushing the limits aren't I…… Who came up with this game anyway, this is horribly stressful to consider!?!?
But I have an AR problem. I used to have an AR in .223 and another upper built for 6.8. Then I built a .300 BLK upper. Well... It just didn't seem right having 1/2 of a rifle laying around so I bought two lowers and built them. It's a disease I tell ya...

But I have an AR problem. I used to have an AR in .223 and another upper built for 6.8. Then I built a .300 BLK upper. Well... It just didn't seem right having 1/2 of a rifle laying around so I bought two lowers and built them. It's a disease I tell ya...
I know!!! I have it too!!!! It is like Legos for adult men who love guns!!! I hope there is no cure!!!!

Maybe I should pair down my collection. Truthfully, I have my favorites and the others could be framed and hung on a wall. Some are invaluable but for sentimental reasons. I'm not asking for those to be included in the list. But let's say, purely for whimsical gab, that you could only have 3 calibers, any calibers, which would you choose?
.223 the 280AI and 338 Lapua also my son has a 6mm CM and that's a brilliant cartridge

Maybe I should pair down my collection. Truthfully, I have my favorites and the others could be framed and hung on a wall. Some are invaluable but for sentimental reasons. I'm not asking for those to be included in the list. But let's say, purely for whimsical gab, that you could only have 3 calibers, any calibers, which would you choose?
While we all have our favorites, the question is, If you could have only three LONG GUNS, which would you choose? That is not really a difficult question on my behalf. I don't own any exotic long guns, simply long guns that shoot well out of the box, My first choice would be my Remington 11-87. It's an original that was made before Remington started messing with success. My 11-87 is a 3 inch version, I did at one time have an 11-87 Super Mag, which was manufactured when Remington was starting to, lets just say not paying a lot of attention to quality control. A guy at my gun club watched me shooting trap with it, and wanted a 3 1/2 inch semi auto shotgun for goose and turkey hunting. By this time I had the major issues ironed out under Remington's warranty and their Minnesota repair center (Hats of to them. they did a great job.)and let's simply say, "The price was right." I sold it and bought my current 3 inch 11-87 online through Kramer Auctions out of Prairie du Chien, WI. It is a Premier version and Curt had identified it as being in very good used condition. I have bought and sold a lot of firearms from them and trust his judgement. I have never been burned. A 12 ga shotgun can be used to hunt anything and everything from bunnies to moose so that is my first choice. The second choice. since everyone needs a good .22 is a Tikka T1x. This rifle out of the box shoots a 0.8 MOA group at 100 yards. Lots of target 10/X rings have been blown out, as well as quite a lot of squirrels being decapitated way out yonder where they think they are safe. The last choice, keeping in mind that I am an old chick and have owned a lot of rifles throughout my life is a Tikka T3x in 30-06. Super accurate right out of the box. After the rifle was sighted in I was out shooting with a right to left gusty crosswind. The gusts were up to 28 mph. I was trying to shoot between the gusts and was just a little off here and there. I was using Sako 165 gr hunting ammo that day and as one can see, out of the box gun with out of the box ammo and it performs. Handloads on a calm day result in 0.05 MOA groups all day. I would take this rifle over all others for anything on the North American continent up to and including the big bears, but no, I would not shoot bunnies with it. ;)

Attachments

• Tikka T3x 30-06.jpg
    Tikka T3x 30-06.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 30