If you could only have 3 long guns, which would you choose?

Maybe I should pair down my collection. Truthfully, I have my favorites and the others could be framed and hung on a wall. Some are invaluable but for sentimental reasons. I'm not asking for those to be included in the list. But let's say, purely for whimsical gab, that you could only have 3 calibers, any calibers, which would you choose?
7MM MAG, 5.56 NATO, .22LR

Initial thought was you meant 3 centerfires, but after reading some of the other choices, I have 3 answers
.22LR auto, .308 bolt, .300 Wby for N America
or
.22LR, 12 gauge and .300 Win or Wby
and lastly my initial thoughts
AR10 .308, bolt .300Win and a .375 H&H or .378 Weatherby (those first 3 you can readily find ammo for most anywhere in the world)

Maybe I should pair down my collection. Truthfully, I have my favorites and the others could be framed and hung on a wall. Some are invaluable but for sentimental reasons. I'm not asking for those to be included in the list. But let's say, purely for whimsical gab, that you could only have 3 calibers, any calibers, which would you choose?
.22 long rifle for the small game, my .308 for deer and the like and .408 Cheytac for everything else.

For me, The Browning BLR takedown , .270 wcf is my favorite. The second most useful is a .450 Marlin( as above) the 3rd, old FN Safari grade 30/06 turn bolt- no salt wood

Recent Posts