If you could only have 3 long guns, which would you choose?

Tom Stanbury

Maybe I should pair down my collection. Truthfully, I have my favorites and the others could be framed and hung on a wall. Some are invaluable but for sentimental reasons. I'm not asking for those to be included in the list. But let's say, purely for whimsical gab, that you could only have 3 calibers, any calibers, which would you choose?
7MM MAG, 5.56 NATO, .22LR

340Wby-4-everything

Initial thought was you meant 3 centerfires, but after reading some of the other choices, I have 3 answers
.22LR auto, .308 bolt, .300 Wby for N America
or
.22LR, 12 gauge and .300 Win or Wby
and lastly my initial thoughts
AR10 .308, bolt .300Win and a .375 H&H or .378 Weatherby (those first 3 you can readily find ammo for most anywhere in the world)

BigJohnH

Maybe I should pair down my collection. Truthfully, I have my favorites and the others could be framed and hung on a wall. Some are invaluable but for sentimental reasons. I'm not asking for those to be included in the list. But let's say, purely for whimsical gab, that you could only have 3 calibers, any calibers, which would you choose?
.22 long rifle for the small game, my .308 for deer and the like and .408 Cheytac for everything else.

Antonio m

For me, The Browning BLR takedown , .270 wcf is my favorite. The second most useful is a .450 Marlin( as above) the 3rd, old FN Safari grade 30/06 turn bolt- no salt wood