if you could only have 1 gun

Drilling in 12x12 over 7x65R, with a 3x10 Scope and 22 RF as well as 410 insert. This is how the Germans have dealt with the issue for decades.

My drillings will shoot .75 MOA with factory Sellier and bellot so killing to 600 yards is quite feasible.

Just noticed this thread is 8 years old. Oh well, stick by my answer. Wonder what he bought.

Last edited:
Drilling in 12x12 over 7x65R, with a 3x10 Scope and 22 RF as well as 410 insert. This is how the Germans have dealt with the issue for decades.

My drillings will shoot .75 MOA with factory Sellier and bellot so killing to 600 yards is quite feasible.

Just noticed this thread is 8 years old. Oh well, stick by my answer. Wonder what he bought.
Yep, we need an update by the OP!

He said no magnums due to barrel life, so I'd go with a 6.5 CM, 270, or 30-06 for barrel life, ammo availability and versatility. I'd go for a Blaser or Gunwerks Nexus if it was one rifle, but multiple barrels allowed. From the sounds of it though, even replacing the barrels on these would be forbidden and I'd take whatever accurate bolt action they're selling.

Given he wants to take ibex out to 600 m, I would prefer something like the 7 RM or 300 WM. If you can only buy rifles at one government store, I'm assuming ammo availability sucks too. For me, I'd take a 6.5 PRC for ibex and wild boar.