If you could find existing inventory...

briar rabbit

If you could find existing inventory for the AR-15 would lowers be a wise choice to have in the safe for future builds with all of the current rumblings? Or do you step up and swallow your pride and buy a complete gun?

It will all blow over. Look at the 1994 ban. It was marginally passed by a Dem. controlled congress and Dem. president. It really only affected foreign made weapons, threaded barrels, collaspable stocks, and high capacity mags. I feel the only changes that could really get passed would be high capacity mags, maybe require bullet buttons nation wide, and close the gunshow loophole. People need to just settle down and use good sense to protect their rights. The only people who are really in danger of losing their Constitutional Rights, are the ones who don't obey the Constitution to begin with.

It will all blow over. Look at the 1994 ban. It was marginally passed by a Dem. controlled congress and Dem. president. It really only affected foreign made weapons, threaded barrels, collaspable stocks, and high capacity mags. I feel the only changes that could really get passed would be high capacity mags, maybe require bullet buttons nation wide, and close the gunshow loophole. People need to just settle down and use good sense to protect their rights. The only people who are really in danger of losing their Constitutional Rights, are the ones who don't obey the Constitution to begin with.

I hope your right but suggest you buckle up for a rough ride............If they get ANYTHING threw it will be worse than last time. This regime has a deeper hate and a whole new level of corruption. If this one fails in jan. there is the UN crap coming down in march and stand or fall those will be followed by a bombardment of crap as long and hard as they can cram it. This regime simply does not care about the end result and the damage it does. They don't care about destroying an industry, an economy or liberty as we know it. POWER is there goal...........true power requires those "beneath you" to be unarmed and to some extent dependent or at least submissive.

Of interest, I received an out of the blue phone call about 30 minutes ago...from an aquaintence.

He inquired if I had any AR's for sale, indicating his son and another fellow wanted to buy one or two. I advised, this was the wrong time to buy one, as the prices have skyrocketed. He tried to act amazed...."really??"

I said I would consider, but would not sell cheap - just going rate - as I was not planning on selling any. "Oh....so they are expensive then." Yep, every one of them has handpicked parts, stainless barrels, and assembled by me with name brand parts.

Just kind of shocked me to receive that call out of the blue.

Those 250,000 who had no interest are now interested,,,,, but expect the same price as when they were not interested. I sold a couple of lowers out of the shop at regular price,,,,,, 'till I over heard the buyer say "I can make some good money on these!" The rest, when I decide to and one at a time, will go on GunBroker,,,, where the buyers can 'gouge' themselves.

Of interest, I received an out of the blue phone call about 30 minutes ago...from an aquaintence.

He inquired if I had any AR's for sale, indicating his son and another fellow wanted to buy one or two. I advised, this was the wrong time to buy one, as the prices have skyrocketed. He tried to act amazed...."really??"

I said I would consider, but would not sell cheap - just going rate - as I was not planning on selling any. "Oh....so they are expensive then." Yep, every one of them has handpicked parts, stainless barrels, and assembled by me with name brand parts.

Just kind of shocked me to receive that call out of the blue.

LOL I to have received at least 5 offers on my rifles. I said I told you so HAHA, everyone is freaking out! You had 8 ban free years to get what ever the hell you wanted. The funny part is they all want to pay the price I said I could do it for before every thing was gone. I just cant help them now.

it's just friggin stupid, how many more days are these knuckle heads going to page thru the phone book calling every gun dealer/smith looking for an AR? Everyday I'm getting calls from God knows who, probably some of the same people who voted for Obama, claiming it was ok he will never come after our guns. Well they are calling about 8 weeks too late.

The kicker is....I am just a average joe. No ffl, no nothing....other than being an NRA Basic Pistol Instructor, Metallic & Cartridge Reloading, Range Safety Officer, and a CC Instructor in this state.

This phone call actually bothers me....I am ripe for a burglarly????

Something has to come of the media's response. The other day CNN did some kind of check on gun owners in Westchester County, IBM's home town (lots of money and bg population suburb, one of the richest and largest in the country) They then listed everyone on a map with name and address. I'll bet those people sue CNN and with some of the connections they have there is going to be a lawsuit against CNN I'd hope. Imagine that, the government makes available your name as a firearm owner. I wrote a response to CNN, I hope criminals don't read this, because they now no where to steal firearms in Westchester County. What CNN did is absoluely reprehensible. I'm really embarrassed they had the gaul to do this. Why? Are they not thinking of the backlash that could come out of this. The media is our biggest problem, that's where the changes have to come from. 40,000 people died in alcohol related accidents last year and we hunters and shooting enthusiast are a problem? Really CNN...

The kicker is....I am just a average joe. No ffl, no nothing....other than being an NRA Basic Pistol Instructor, Metallic & Cartridge Reloading, Range Safety Officer, and a CC Instructor in this state.

This phone call actually bothers me....I am ripe for a burglarly????

Same hear.........I am not even particularly social.........Just a guy folks know have bean into it for a long while, I had to reorganize one of my safes to fit the "extra" in there. Going to move a safe to the other house so the eggs are not all in the same basket. These are the times we live in, be careful and be prepared.

If Finestank bill gets to the President in the same form that gets introduced in the Senate we will be lucky to own a musket. The saving grace is that it is highly unlikely that the version introduced in the Senate and what actually leaves the House of Representatives on the way to the Presidents desk will be the same. I suspect what we will eventually end up with as a tweaked version of the 1994 ban. This one will also be permanent. Sunsetting after 10 years was one of the concessions the Democrats made to get it to Clintons desk back in 1994.

The part that scares me is when the back room dealing starts. Make no mistake, both the Democrats and the Republicans will sell their constituents down the river if they get something big enough in return. So when the doors close and each sides goes "we know what you want, what are you willing offer" BE VERY AFRAID!!

If Finestank bill gets to the President in the same form that gets introduced in the Senate we will be lucky to own a musket. The saving grace is that it is highly unlikely that the version introduced in the Senate and what actually leaves the House of Representatives on the way to the Presidents desk will be the same. I suspect what we will eventually end up with as a tweaked version of the 1994 ban. This one will also be permanent. Sunsetting after 10 years was one of the concessions the Democrats made to get it to Clintons desk back in 1994.

The part that scares me is when the back room dealing starts. Make no mistake, both the Democrats and the Republicans will sell their constituents down the river if they get something big enough in return. So when the doors close and each sides goes "we know what you want, what are you willing offer" BE VERY AFRAID!!

When the back room deals are in session half those cowards will sell out for good will on the next deal even tho they know they wont get it. Notice everyone of these conversations assumes the passing of something dramatic. Assumes more death of freedom. Scary to see so many people willing to swallow whatever is crammed in there face. Dark days ahead.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.