If Woofs are so hard to find how does this happen?

Just a PR article. Killing 19 doesn't even put a dent in it.
Also, the article blames the habitat for the elk #'s going down, and not the wolves.
What a bunch of political correctness crap.
Seems it is to little, to late

Helicopters are handy for finding them. They just radio collared a bunch in Idaho using helicopters. I have never killed a wolf with one but many coyotes. I worked on a ranch in Wyo. that had one and I am a pilot so was handy.

Uncertain to exactly where they were, but my memory is them using a helicopter a few years back without much success. Even with a radio collar they were unable to visualize some due to the cover. A helicopter works good in some places, not so much in others.

Last year it was the poachers that killed all the calf elk this year its the habitat. If you're waiting for the IDFG to admit they were complicit in the USFWS decision to place wolves in Idaho, pull up a chair and bring plenty of snacks. Plenty of videos of meetings with them on tape claiming they were the experts, and knew what was best. Also plenty of Canadian biologist on record as saying, everything proposed runs contrary to our experience, but it should be interesting to watch.

The habitat's an easy fix some prescribed burns, and logging will open that canopy right up.

Uncertain to exactly where they were, but my memory is them using a helicopter a few years back without much success. Even with a radio collar they were unable to visualize some due to the cover. A helicopter works good in some places, not so much in others.

Last year it was the poachers that killed all the calf elk this year its the habitat. If you're waiting for the IDFG to admit they were complicit in the USFWS decision to place wolves in Idaho, pull up a chair and bring plenty of snacks. Plenty of videos of meetings with them on tape claiming they were the experts, and knew what was best. Also plenty of Canadian biologist on record as saying, everything proposed runs contrary to our experience, but it should be interesting to watch.

The habitat's an easy fix some prescribed burns, and logging will open that canopy right up.

Here north of yellowstone park untill about four years ago it was the drought that was the reason for the low calf elk recoupment. Less then 10 calves per 100 cow elk because of the mild winters?
Well okay then!

I don't have you alls problem yet but my thought would be put a bounty on wolfs and loins, fire the touchy feely/peta idiots, and like the previous poster said logging and prescribed burns. Then you have a chance of recovering the elk herds. Just do it before they get to my neck of the woods.

Like many states, we don't have wolfs (Yet).

But what the people pushing the wolf agenda don't tell anyone is that these are not native American
size wolfs. The American wolfs were in the 85 to 100 pound class and were not as damaging as this
Russian version that weighs in at 200+ pounds and is capable of taking down a full size Elk.

Plus they have almost no fear of Man.

This whole experiment was/is a bad idea in my opinion.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts