If I can't hand load, which factory load?

This is for a 7mm wsm. in a savage with stock barrel (24" with 1-9.5" twist)

Hornady Superformance 7mm Rem Mag 139 Grain GMX SPF
Muzzle velocity - 3,240

Any others you guys would recommend?

I've shot very little factory ammo the last 15 years, but the stuff I have shot was Nosler Trophy Grade (in a couple calibers) and was shot right out to 940 yards with excellent results far as accuracy goes..

(If) it is long range you're wanting to do, and are asking about consistencies in loaded factory ammo... the Nosler Trophy Grade line is loaded pretty tight. In a pinch, that's the stuff ( I ) would turn to.

That is a tough question to answer, but I would begin with several different PREMIUM factory loads to see what your gun likes. Again, PREMIUM ammo is the key to get to something that will best produce consistent accuracy. This the avenue most custom builders take when they are guaranteeing an accuracy statement using factory loads.

Good luck. RR

I've had great luck with the Barnes Vor-Tex ammunition. My 7mm rem mag liked the 150 gr tipped triple shocks.

well, 7wsm or Rem Mag, which is it?? I would go with a premium as well. I started with Federal Premium Safari grade when I got my 338WM, then started reloading. I was good ammo with good brass that I still load for my hunting loads, it's Nickel plated.

well, 7wsm or Rem Mag, which is it?? I would go with a premium as well. I started with Federal Premium Safari grade when I got my 338WM, then started reloading. I was good ammo with good brass that I still load for my hunting loads, it's Nickel plated.

Sorry its a 7mm rem mag, not sure why I typed wsm above lol.

Anyway thanks for the replies so far.

I second the Nosler...I tried about 5 kinds of premium and my 270 liked Barnes and Nosler the best, consistent 1 MOA or a smidge better. I got better velocities out of superformance but accuracy wasn't as good.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts