Identifying marks on Lilja rifle barrels

Topshot

Can someone tell me if Lilja rifle barrels have any identification marks or serial numbers on them?

How can you tell the difference between a authentic Lilja barrel and a No-Name barrel?

Thanks

As with most aftermarket barrels, all of the identifying information is stamped on the breech end. When the barrel is cutoff, the info goes with it. I make it a practice to mark the barrel, under the forearm, at the same time that I mark the caliber, neck dia. etc. on the side of the barrel.

Hi Eddie,
What sort of mark are we talking about.

I found a serial number under the barrel. Are you saying that this would not be the original mark? And that the original mark would have been removed in the chambering process?

Lilja, Hart, Stainless Shilen, Lothar Walther that Brownells sells, Krieger, and Parker Hale Midland are premium barrels that have been lapped at the factory.

I can tell they were lapped with a 20" Nite Ize Fiber Optic Adapter/AA Mini Mag-Lite® Combo flashlight accessory and a magnifying glass.
usegraphic_gun.jpg

Nite Ize 20" Fiber Optic Adapter for Mini Maglite AAA FPO-07-AAA20
~$8

Amazon.com: MAGLITE M3A016 AAA Mini Flashlight, Black: Home Improvement
~$10

If you choose, you can upgrade the flashlight from bulb to LED [light emitting diode]
MicroStar1-Mini-Maglite-AAA-AA-flashlight-LED-upgrade
~$11

Factory Remington, Winchester, Savage, Browning, and Ruger barrels look different. They are scratched.

Can someone tell me if Lilja rifle barrels have any identification marks or serial numbers on them?

How can you tell the difference between a authentic Lilja barrel and a No-Name barrel?

Thanks

All Custom barrels are marked on the breach end and or the muzzle end because of contour
or tapering and removed when the barrel is chambered and crowned.

The only marks that are on the outside of a custom built rifle are the proof marks or the smith's
identification/serial number for his benefit.

As stated there are a lot of hand lapped Custom barrels but trying to prove which is which
is very diffacult if not impossible unless you know the smith that built the rifle.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.