Ideas? Have 300WSM barrel with 400 rounds - bored - change to what?

So I have a Remage setup, 26" 1:10 medium Palma short throated for short COAL 700 SA magazine. But that is irrelevant if I can find a worthy replacement cartridge using the current 300WSM chamber as starting point. I have a 700 LA Magnum I can use for build. I was thinking 300 Sherman Magnum might work? Give me some ideas!
what will you be using it for?

First glance, I'd say 6.5 PRC

Ok, after seeing the 80HH in .243 Win hit, got me thinking of a 6MMWSM or even 6.5WSM? Leaning toward 6.5WSM.

Does anyone have experience with 6.5 WSM? Dimensions like COAL? Will this be a decent cartridge with max 2.90 COAL limitation I have?

Does anyone have experience with 6.5 WSM? Dimensions like COAL? Will this be a decent cartridge with max 2.90 COAL limitation I have
It would probably work but you would have .060- .070 of the bearing surface shoved down in the case, it wouldn't be ideal. The one I have for sale is 3.05+ o.a.l. with a 140 Berger.
A factory tikka would be the best option on a factory action or med. length custom.
The only reason I'm selling mine is I'm building a full carbon on a Defiance Anti M 6.5x300wsm.

Last edited: