Ideas for New .277 build

Either one would be really good. I think there really close. I guess it would come down to if you're a reloader or not. That's why I'm going with the Sherman. I reload everything LoL.
Yeah, we'll do load-development and custom loads for the Nosler. Since we won't be shooting high volume, I'm guessing an initial load-up of 50 to 100 loads will last me a few years on this one. Got other guns to do all the "extra" shooting with. I just like the wider case design and volume on the Nosler, though I agree, they are both great options. Personal preference thing.

Have seen these. Anyone know the performance of the 6.8 TVCM cartridge? Not even sure if they are available for civilian use. Much less loaded with hunting projos.
Not yet, but the company is consumer oriented. If the military bites This round will be available soon and with all out favorite bullets.

Good choices. Any idea what velocity it'll drive the 170's?
I don't know much about this round but seems to me 85/90 grains of H1000 pushing a 170 grain bullet thru a .27 hole at probably 3400-3500 fps is going to be hard on barrels. I'm running a 300rum with 215s at 3195 over 90 grains of H1000. And that is probably a 1000 round deal for barrel life. My last one was 900 rounds. This one has 600ish rounds thru it and almost .040"erosion. Still shoots great, but I don't think it has another 600 in it. Isn't the .27 going to be worse?

I don't know much about this round but seems to me 85/90 grains of H1000 pushing a 170 grain bullet thru a .27 hole at probably 3400-3500 fps is going to be hard on barrels. I'm running a 300rum with 215s at 3195 over 90 grains of H1000. And that is probably a 1000 round deal for barrel life. My last one was 900 rounds. This one has 600ish rounds thru it and almost .040"erosion. Still shoots great, but I don't think it has another 600 in it. Isn't the .27 going to be worse?
It'll certainly impact barrel life, but for me at least, this is a big game hunting rifle that will not get shot much throughout the year. A good barrel will last many years in my application and the extra horsepower may be just what I need in a pinch to execute a difficult shot on a hunt that cost much more than barrels. ;) One thing I'm doing on all my recent builds is using Bartlein's 400 MOD harder stainless barrels which offer 75% - 100% increase barrel life to help offset the abuse of my overbores. (repeating myself from before)