ideas for a rest

Ian

Yes, I have the QR clamp and bases for all my stuff. Cutting a long plate into several smaller ones. Great idea to save some dough.

Hey Len.. It's sho''nuf about the best gadget I've seen for uneven terrain shooting in upright positions, once it's been "tweaked" a little, anyhow.. Hehehe.. It'll get a true test when the groundhogs come out next year.. If'n it doesn't rain me out, again.. It's come in real handy around those tall weeds down at the club this season.. d:^) JiNC

Brown dog,
those rest parts are partly v-shaped,metal strengthened strong rubber blocks that are used with small boats to keep them supported on a trailer,for example. They already had a hole in them, I cut the rear one lower and bolted them on the aluminum profile.

Trying to keep the thing with as few moving parts as possible. Ugly,cheap and works. Just like me -in a good day.
grin.gif

Petander,

Thanks for your reply. Excellent idea; I'll try to find some and give it a go.

(Spent some time at Rovaniemi a couple of years back daily commuting to the nearby military training area (although I did pop in to see Father Christmas too!). Had an excellent time -at least I think I did, all the vodka makes it difficult to remember! Are you anywhere near there?)

So you must have been in Rovajärvi, that´s the training place.

Small country this is, I think maybe eight hours drive will take me there. I live that much south,our vodka is milder so I´ve never seen Santa since I was ten. Was he pink?
grin.gif

Used the tripod twice today, morning and evening. No deer around,though.
frown.gif

A tip: if you build one,zero and group your rig the way you´re going to hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.