Ideal scope for 300 wsm

If you are talking needing additional light, if it were me, I'd go to a 30mm tube, and a 56mm objective. Ya, kind of a larger scope but better in low light.

Then you mention old eyes, even at 500 extra mag is not a bad thing. I'd look at the NF NXS in 5.5-22x56. If 5.5 will work on the lower end for you

I have 2 of them, and a 50mm too, I sure like them

We all have different requirements/applications, personal preferences, and eye sight; my .300 WSM is topped with SWFA 5-20 HD FFP and is perfectly suited for my personal applications.

Take a hard look at the NF SHV. I have one 5-20 with the IHR reticle. Not too fine of a crosshair, illuminates if needed, 30mm tube and dependable.

It's on my 6.5x284 hunting rifle and I carry it everywhere.

Swarovski would be my next choice in z6, but Z3 isn't a bad rig if you don't mind a 1" tube.

Good luck

4-16x56 Polar T96 S&B

This would be my second pic, but no exposed turrets, and a mag of 16X would keep me personally from buying

You mentioned price not being much of an option, so if you go NF, skip the SHV. IMO they are nowhere near the NXS line

You guys have been awesome!

I am still undecided. However, I have learned more and more that maybe I do have a price limit.....probably in teh $2500 range.

Knowing this...I am looking hard at teh z6 2.5x15x44 or even teh 18x version of this in 30mm

I was looking at teh zeiss HD. I do have the conquest HD 3-15x42 on my sako 6.5x55 swede. It does work well, but I am always looking for better. More mag, and light transmission. Unfortunately, this is only offered in 1 inch tube

Some other things I am very conscious about are weight and large turrets. I guess that is what worries me about NF. I love teh scopes, but in north Idaho there are walls of brush that go on for miles and super steep country. Just get concerned about dragging more than what is necessary through teh woods. But, we do a lot of cross canyon shooting in low light.....

You guys have been great, and I value what you have offered up. if you think of anything further that you can offer up for suggestions, I am all ears

check out the new Leupold VX5-HD. They make a 3-15x44 that only weighs 19 ounces, and if you want maximum light, they also make a 3-15x56.

I have a couple of the new VX6-HD 3-18x50's and the overall optical quality/contrast/sharpness and light transmission is amazing.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.