Ideal powder for speed and stability in 7-08

Thanks for all the help fellas. Couple days ago I picked up a pound of cfe223 at a local gunshop. Went to another local gunshop last evening and found a pound of varget as well as a hundred 7-08 brass. Now I'm just waiting for the hammers to arrive in the mail! I'm starting to get impatient. I've got everything except the bullets.

I resized 308 to 7-08 once. I won't do that again unless I invest in neck trimming. Maybe working a new load would solve it, too, but I had a potentially dangerous pressure spike because I didn't know what I was doing.

I resized 308 to 7-08 once. I won't do that again unless I invest in neck trimming. Maybe working a new load would solve it, too, but I had a potentially dangerous pressure spike because I didn't know what I was doing.
Yeah, I resized a bunch of mil 308 brass to 7-08 and immediately decided that I would not be using it until it was neck turned, they were way too thick for me. But over time, if they fit in your chamber initially, that just means more material later on. I didn't use them and instead just bought some new brass and went from there.

Thanks for all the help fellas. Couple days ago I picked up a pound of cfe223 at a local gunshop. Went to another local gunshop last evening and found a pound of varget as well as a hundred 7-08 brass. Now I'm just waiting for the hammers to arrive in the mail! I'm starting to get impatient. I've got everything except the bullets.
Hopefully Steve can get off his lazy butt and send us our bullets! 😄 o_O 😄