Idaho unit 13 elk/deer

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
Hey guys I'm looking at putting in for idaho unit 13 (elk and deer). I was wondering if anyone has experience or any knowledge about hunting from the river. Plan is to take the whitewater rafts early October and find a good spot to hunt along the river. I've spent a lot of time on the river there but never with hunting in mind.

I've read a lot about the unit being crowded because of private land but there is a lot of public land along the river and I know most of the area along the river isn't accessible except by boat.

Any input is appreciated!

grabbed a left over mule deer tag for 13 4yrs ago. Went in through Pittsburg landing like a lot of hunters. I wont be hitting a unit with so much private unless I go guided ever again. Logistics kept me from getting a buddy with a proper boat to get me into the unit from the river, seemed like the way to go though. it'd make for some great memories i'm sure

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts