Idaho Spring Bear

prefan

I have been doing tons of online research and talking to some people in Southern Idaho and I cant seem to narrow a good spring bear plan. Here is my conclusions: Unit 39 gets tons of attention, I would rather not hunt up North I wanna be able to glass and get away from bait and no clue if the Snake country will be accessible in Apr/May any pointers would be appreciated. I can offer Oregon help if anybody has and questions

Most of the good bear country in the state will likely be snowed in until at least early May, some of it until June. If you're going to hunt an area that allows bait and hounds you certainly better get away from the roads as far as you're comfortable hiking. Good luck, avoid 39 like the plague.

Most of the good bear country in the state will likely be snowed in until at least early May, some of it until June. If you're going to hunt an area that allows bait and hounds you certainly better get away from the roads as far as you're comfortable hiking. Good luck, avoid 39 like the plague.
Thanks for that bit Iam gonna focus on some of the 11 and 11a country I think, there are almost too many options which makes focusing tough but not gonna complain

I have a similar idea but I spoke with IDFG today on the telephone and I'm coming from out of state. I asked about tags for the following units (4, 4A, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 16A, 17, 19, 20, 20A, 26, 27, and those portions of Units 21 and 28 within designated wilderness ) because it mentions them on the page I've included here: https://idfg.idaho.gov/sites/default/files/seasons-rules-big-game-2019-2020-black-bear.pdf

Person said that you can buy the license and then a reduced permit to hunt those areas or purchase the license and the entire state permit. I asked why are those tags are reduced, are there more bear there? Person said, yes. It doesn't look like there is very much access, though, which I'm guessing is part of the pricing and is probably why there are more bear in those units.

It was good to know that unless you want to hunt in a controlled hunt, you can wait right up until a day before you hunt to purchase the license and permit.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.