Idaho Sniper Challenge

Buffalobob

Here is a link to a competition event. It is limited to 20 teams and most of the slots are filled. Some of the people I shoot F-class with are going to be going. I don't shoot these kinds of events but I suspect that they are a lot of fun.

Idaho State Sniper Challenge

I called about it and ranges are limited to about 500 or 550 yards and there is also kneeling and standing shooting. No way I can stand or kneel and even be somewhat competive against rifle shooters.
But, at least I found out.

Well, I guess if none of us are coming, there will be little competition and Shawn will cruise to victory again. I wonder when his daughter will be old enough to shoot against him. That'll teach him a little humility.:D

Oh, there'll be competition for him there, all right ;) Actually, if my partner and I can get running on all cylinders for a change I'll be tickled no matter where we end up (well, almost). Jim The Plumber is bringing out the big guns this year - his daughter is dropping down for a weekend to shoot with him. He's bad enough, and he taught her how to shoot! I'm guessing Jesse and his brother may be there as well - after they cleaned up at the WCT match this year, a lot of people are going to be watching them closely. No more 'dark horse' status for them!

Hopefully they get the scoring right this year. The last one (two years ago) had some 'large math errors' - frustrating to say the least.

See ya there, Shawn!

Last edited:
milanuk; Jim The Plumber is bringing out the big guns this year - his daughter is dropping down for a weekend to shoot with him. He's bad enough said:
You mean Jesse and I can't fly under the radar any more:D. Should be a fun shoot. I wonder if Shayla can shoot the poacher stages as well as Jim?:D

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend. I have a class schedualed that weekend. I was pretty bummed about that, it was alot of fun last year. Good luck to those who are going.

Oh, there'll be competition for him there, all right ;) Actually, if my partner and I can get running on all cylinders for a change I'll be tickled no matter where we end up (well, almost). Jim The Plumber is bringing out the big guns this year - his daughter is dropping down for a weekend to shoot with him. He's bad enough, and he taught her how to shoot! I'm guessing Jesse and his brother may be there as well - after they cleaned up at the WCT match this year, a lot of people are going to be watching them closely. No more 'dark horse' status for them!

Hopefully they get the scoring right this year. The last one (two years ago) had some 'large math errors' - frustrating to say the least.

See ya there, Shawn!

We're just happy if it goes BANG most of the time, don't know what you're talking about.gun)Jim saw me shoot last weekend........he's not worried:)

I'll be there with my buddy. We've never participated in an event like this before (just do BR competitions from time to time). Look forward to meeting and learning from some of the guys down there.

Lucas Beitner

Cool beans. Always good to meet new faces and put 'em to screen names ;)

Did you get signed up? Last I heard they were pert near full up.

See ya there,

Monte

Hey, this looks really cool, hopefully next year I can attend once my 300wsm is finished.:) Is this a true sniper style competition with ghillie suits and such or manly a shooting competition? Either way, sounds like lots of fun!
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.