Idaho rockchucks

Joefrazell

Looking to get out and shoot some of these at long range to gain a little sanity back during this tough time. I'm from the Boise area. I've never actually killed a rockchuck. Killed millions of whistle pigs. Anyone willing to help me out? Looking to find an area where I can shoot some of these from 600-1200 yards. Thanks guys!

Just a thunk...but wait until they have their pups:)

That's my way at least, I'm not from your area, and I don't bother them much anymore. Back when I did I would shoot up to 400 something of them a year. I still have a couple world supplies of the buggers, the G-kids want to get after them this year so I better get off here and get to loading:)

Just a thunk...but wait until they have their pups:)

That's my way at least, I'm not from your area, and I don't bother them much anymore. Back when I did I would shoot up to 400 something of them a year. I still have a couple world supplies of the buggers, the G-kids want to get after them this year so I better get off here and get to loading:)

That's a great point. I like to do the same thing with whistle pigs!

The twin falls area has somewhat dried up over the years. I think a lot of it is due to the rockchuck derby that was held for many years in the bliss area. That and like many other areas in Idaho people are expanding and good ground is being covered by subdivisions. There are rockchucks around down here but access to the good properties are hard to come by and a stranger knocking on the door asking for permission is usually frowned upon. I'd stick to blm ground up around the bliss and king hill areas. There are still chucks up there and although they are a bit weary if you can shoot at distance you can still have a great time!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.