Idaho Organization is setting an example

TG-5150

While being not pro wolf myself, I have been envolved in a few wolf threads on this site and through reading fellow members opinions have come to realize that the wolf is most likely here to stay.
Idaho has a great organization designed to help sportspeople and the game animals we hunt. It's link is below.
If you are from Idaho and hunt or trap, you would be crazy not to join. If you are an out of state hunter who hunts in Idaho, you should consider joining to support the organizations cause.
I am unaware of a program like this here in Wyoming or Montana. I sent them an email wanting
to know what it would take to get a charter going in another state. I am probably not the type to lead a program like this and that is not what I am implying, but I do know the people with the management skills to get this going, here in Wyoming.
Instead of bitching and moaning about the wolf issue, have decided to put energy into trying to be way more positive. This seems like a good place to try and get started.
Thanks to JJMoody who has posted the organizations web address on a few different threads.

https://www.foundationforwildlifemanagement.org/

Last edited:
I know my opinion is unpopular as I am pro-wolf. I do love the idea of this organization, it sounds like a great way to manage wolves, because it is likely they are here to stay no matter what everyone's opinion.

I know my opinion is unpopular as I am pro-wolf. I do love the idea of this organization, it sounds like a great way to manage wolves, because it is likely they are here to stay no matter what everyone's opinion.
We all have our own views and are entitled to them. If radical extremes to eliminate or severely control wolves are ever implemented through federal allowance, I would be all for that. Since that will not likely happen in my lifetime, this approach seems a much better path than what is currently being implemented by many Sportsman.
As far as I know, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana are the only states in the lower 48 currently allowing wolves to be hunted/trapped. Wyoming will legalize marijuana about the time Colorado allows wolf harvest.lol But it won't be long until Utah, Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico allow wolf hunting/trapping.
I spent a few hrs reading many of the organizations studies and different things and see no issues as far as I can see. It's a very pro active front lines approach

Last edited:
I can assure you that California will never allow the hunting of wolves, and yes we have them. The climate against hunting in California continues to get worse. Part of the problem in California has been the influx of immigrants, most do not support or come from places that embrace gun ownership, much less hunting.

As we go forward in this country, a few states are seeing unprecedented immigration, both legal and illegal. Wyoming is one of the top 15 states for immigration growth right now. You likely will not be able to count on everything to remain the way it is much longer.

7A9CB62A-5768-430B-ABF1-F60C4B1D40EF.jpeg

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-us-population-does-not-speak-english-at-home

On a happier note, the Foundation for Wildlife Management has just sent an email. If I were smart enough on a 'puter to post the email I would, so here is the paraphrase.

They can start a sister chapter in any state that allows legal wolf harvest
It takes at least 12 dedicated volunteers to do membership drives an fund drives
They'd be happy to come down and help get one started, attend any meetings, fund raisers.

I will know more details by the end of the week

On a happier note, the Foundation for Wildlife Management has just sent an email. If I were smart enough on a 'puter to post the email I would, so here is the paraphrase.

They can start a sister chapter in any state that allows legal wolf harvest
It takes at least 12 dedicated volunteers to do membership drives an fund drives
They'd be happy to come down and help get one started, attend any meetings, fund raisers.

I will know more details by the end of the week
I am so tempted to make you tutorial on how to copy and paste the email. Lol

That looks like a very worthwhile organization, TG! Thank you and JJMoody for bringing them to our attention.

Ron
They are trying to get a chapter for Montuky but ran into some legal things they are working out. That was also part of the email.lol

I would be VERY interested in an organization like that!
I'll try to keep up with it, but please keep us posted on any happenings.
I think anyone who hunts the wolf states should be supporting them.
Just shoot them an email and let them know your a resident of Montana and want to know we're they are at with the legalities and want to join.
Bet u have an answere by Monday

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.