Idaho Newby

Sbrinkley

I've been lurking on this sight for awhile now and thought I would finally jump in. I really wanted to get into long range after my brother and I watched a 350 class bull walk at 620yards. Currently I am shooting a 338RUM w/300 grain hand loads . I purchased a Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20 and am hitting steel at 850yards. I ordered a Kreiger barrel and am curious if I should convert this over to a 338 edge at that time. What would be my pros and cons?

Welcome to the site. I live in Weiser, Idaho and shoot at Parma gun club sometimes. It depends on how your 338 shoots whether you change calibers or not and how comfortable you are shooting it. I currently help out in Madrus Oregon with long range shooting school for MOA Rifles but can get with you sometime if you like. Bill Witt

Thanks WYOELK2Hunt. Yes, I would like that. My gun is currently up in McCall, but when I get it back down here I will let you know. Thanks, again.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts