idaho moose!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by BULLBLASTER, May 28, 2014.

1. BULLBLASTER

BULLBLASTER Well-Known Member

Hey found out yesterday that I pulled a unit 4 moose tag in idaho!. Im very excited to get scouting!.
    Also need to develop a load for my 375 h&h. I have some 300 grain hornady interlock btsp and imr 4350 to start. Also need to keep up on my Lr shoot in with my 300 rum.
    Ill try amd remember to keep this board posted as I go.
    Anyone else draw in idaho trophy draw?

2. Korhil78

Korhil78 Well-Known Member

Haha...you better keep us posted!! Congrats! That will be a fun hunt for sure! The 375 H&H should definitely get the job done.

3. Clucknmoan

Clucknmoan Well-Known Member

Not a Shiras', but I shot a bull in AK with 180 gr interlocks out of my 300 wsm and he did not like it at all. Great bullet choice for that animal from my experience.

If you want to practice, go shoot a horse in the middle of a bog!

4. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Always good to see someone from the neighborhood get picked. Especially if they're going old school with a .375 H&H.

If you really want to go retro I have some Barnes Originals 350 grainers laying around I'd donate to the cause. Good Luck, I'll look for it at next years Bighorn Show.

5. brentc

brentc Well-Known Member

Similar here. 180 Accubonds in 300 WSM for my 64" Alaskan. I got my next big one with the 375 Ruger with 260 Accubonds.

6. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

That's awesome! Congrats and good luck.

7. JoeS1044

JoeS1044 Well-Known Member

I see you Washingtonians are coming in here and stealing our moose!

:D

good luck man!

8. BULLBLASTER

I do my best to steal everything idaho has to offer! Im an opportunistic thief! Deer elk bears and now moose! :D just remember I pay lots to keep your resident prices down! :rolleyes:
    Im heading over this weekend to scatter some trail cams and start learning more of the unit.

9. JoeS1044

JoeS1044 Well-Known Member

im gona lie we kinda have some ridiculous out of state prices 303 bucks for a deer is quite a bit lol

10. BULLBLASTER

Thats on top of the $150 license fee... you should take a look at what it costs for a nonresident to hunt moose!gun)