Idaho moose unit 67-2

RckyMtnRutt

Should have no problem bagging a nice bull just get on them early like others have said and keep a good eye on them. Should be able to get one not far from the road later in the season. Bring help because getting them out is a task!

mnoland30

Once I started de-boning elk before packing them out, it expanded my hunting range by a lot. I know with elk, the further from the road, there are fewer hunters and more elk. I would assume it is the same with moose. Good luck.

tankgijohn72

I havent hunted 67, but have hunted 75, 76 and got a cow moose in 71 two years ago. I killed mine with a 26 nosler and 127 lrx. Your accubonds will work well. Best recommendation is to find a few spots where you can glass from and you will find them. Minimize time on roads unless you are moving to a new glassing spot. Get up high and glass. Be to those glassing spots at first light. They are big (obviously) so scan an area and move on (unless you are glassing a known area holding a bull, then i would take more time on a given spot) Find them and go after them. Most activitiy was first and last hr of light. Between 5800 and 7700 feet is where i saw most of them. Take 6-8 game bags to help pack out. We got my cow out in a couple of loads. Bull will probably take twice that many trip for a bull. Good luck

Bghunter338

I havent hunted 67, but have hunted 75, 76 and got a cow moose in 71 two years ago. I killed mine with a 26 nosler and 127 lrx. Your accubonds will work well. Best recommendation is to find a few spots where you can glass from and you will find them. Minimize time on roads unless you are moving to a new glassing spot. Get up high and glass. Be to those glassing spots at first light. They are big (obviously) so scan an area and move on (unless you are glassing a known area holding a bull, then i would take more time on a given spot) Find them and go after them. Most activitiy was first and last hr of light. Between 5800 and 7700 feet is where i saw most of them. Take 6-8 game bags to help pack out. We got my cow out in a couple of loads. Bull will probably take twice that many trip for a bull. Good luck
Thank you this is very helpful information. I appreciate it alot!!

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.