Idaho Closes Non-Resdent Tag Sales

If your a non-resident, you can still come hunt/fish if you have your license and tag already. It's stopping hunters/fishers from coming in that don't have licenses bought already. Non-residents can still by a license and deer elk tags for this fall and apply for hunts cause the hope is the virus restrictions are done by than. One of the reasons this happened so fast because one of the border states shutdown all hunting and fishing in their state, so to stop the influx of people that could come here and possibly spread the virus.

idcwby
Understandable, but for the Nonresidents you can't be but disappointed.

Understandable, but for the Nonresidents you can't be but disappointed.

I don't see anything wrong here...state is trying to keep irresponsible people from coming here and spreading this virus to our fellow community.....just the same as the other states should be doing for nonessential playtime...but they also need to severely restrict all people commuting from state to state unless it is for medical personnel....
I live in a studio apartment with shared ventilation and heat...
Since this virus has shown there have been two guys from Portland Oregon upstairs...and now two Mexican guys that cant speak English...when asked where they are from..three times...North Dakota..Reno..& Las Vegas.......
And they had to think about the answers.....wheres ice when you need them.....

I am really torn on what to do. I would really like to pop across the border and do some fishing in N Idaho. By the letter of the law, I have to quarantine for 14 days upon returning, even though I'd only be crossing the border, doing a little fishing, then coming home. No plans to stop anywhere, and hardly anywhere to even contact people between here and where I want to go. I asked Montana HWY patrol and they gave me a very vague answer telling me if I cross the imaginary line I have to quarantine, even though I'd have no contact with other humans. Luckily I already bought my out of state fishing license, and the invasive species sticker for my boat- $130 down the drain...

Montana's rules doesn't make sense because if your going in to work, you can do whatever and than leave. That just seems odd that it works that way.

idcwby

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.